Chapter 26

Tris POV

*3 months later*

I wake up in Tobias's arms, concealed into his safety. The sun from his window peaks through and smiles at me warmly. Tobias's even breaths are exhaled on my neck making me shiver. I play with the gray cotton of his long sleeved shirt, the soft silk brushing against my fingers. My parents thought I was with Chris, but I was actually with Tobias.

I was going to Christina's house but in the end, she had plans and I was already driving to her house. So, I stayed at Tobias's house. We watched a film about aliens, which was quite interesting, and then fell asleep in each others arms.

Here we were, together like always.

I feel Tobias shift and as i'm about to pull away so he can move, he speaks up, "Don't move Tris," He mumbles, I smile slightly, and relax once more.

"I'm so glad theres no school today," I whisper, remembering that today was Saturday.

"Me too," He mutters.We lay down in silence until my phone rings, Tobias groans and I laugh, I sit up and grab my phone from the nightstand.

MOM <3

It stated in huge letters, I inhaled deeply and press answer.

"Beatrice Prior!" I hear my mother exclaim, I cringe at hearing my full name, my mom only does that when shes upset. "Its 12:30! You said you'll be home by 9:15."

I stay silent until I find an excuse but she cuts me off."I called Christina's mom, she said she was at a vacation. A VACATION." She yells, I flinch and I see Tobias sit up from the corner of my eye.

"I...um." I stutter nervously and glance at Tobias, who leaned in and placed his ear near my phone to listen.

"WHERE ARE YOU?" She demands, Tobias jumps up and runs out of the room."Beatrice Prior, you answer me this instant."

"I..." I begin, but Tobias sprints in with a paper and pen. He sits down next to me and scribbles something on the paper, he shows it to me. I read the words on the paper which said...

'I passed out at the park.'

I give Tobias a 'what the hell look?'. He shrugs and leans in to hear again, I sigh and speak once more.

"I was with Tobias." I say. I hear her take a sharp breath.

"What?" She asks calmly.

"I was with-"

"No. No, I heard you..." She whispers, anger hiden in her soft voice. "What did you guys do?"

I sigh and roll my eyes.

"We watched a movie and fell asleep. Chill mom," I state.

"CHILL?!" She shouts, which causes me to pull away my phone from my ear. Tobias winces softly and pulls away, not listening to the phone anymore.

"I'm sorry," I tell her.

"You come home right this instant Beatrice." She orders.

"Okay." I mutter and hang up. Tobias is stil sitting next to me, his eyes kind. I lean in and kiss him, I feel him smile in our kiss. I pull away and stand up, he seems to get sad and he pouts. I laugh at his silly behavior.

"You have to go?" He asks, standing up too. I nod and grab my purse. 

"I'm grounded," I state, he frowns and nods. I hug him and I feel him embrace back.

"Forever?" I say.

"Forever." He promises.

~~~TIME LAPSE~~~

After a long lecture from my mother, I was in my room, rereading books for hours until my eyes burned. 

All i did when I was grounded was read.

Which was a fantastic deal to me. 

It was an okay night.

Until, a phone call in the middle of the night woke me up. My mother forgot to take away my device. 

TOBIAS <4

I smile and answer it.

"Hello?" I state, I hear heavy breaths and I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion. "Hello?" 

"Tris!" I hear Tobias exclaim. I sit up, full of alert. "He's back! Marcus!" 

Marcus.

He's back.

Before I can say anything, the line cuts dead.