Chapter 25

Tris POV

I've been here for a long time.

I can barely remember how the warm sun feels against my skin, I can't remember how a shower is like.

I tried to escape yet it never works. My plans always fail. Except this one won't.

I feel like I've been here for a decade. It's been a long time since I've eaten food that I enjoyed. I've been eating cornbread for a long time. I get tired of it.

What happened to my friends? What about Tobias? What happened to him? Is he looking for me? Largest chance that he is.

I'm probably not in the same city. Who knows?

Al comes in and gets illuminated by the single light bulb that he flicks on. I look away, blinded by the light. I hear his heavy footsteps pacing to me, and I'm ready.

I won't give up. He kneels down.

Before he can lay a finger on me, I stand up with the chair still attached to me and turn around quickly, the pegs shatter and hit his face. I turn back around and he's on floor, groaning in pain.

I manage to grip his knife that's in his belt and slice the ropes off my body. I break free from any restrictions and sprint toward the door.

I open it but I feel Al pull on my hair. I wince and fall back with him. He pushes me against the wall and tries to grab the knife that's still in my right hand.

I will get out today. I will.

I stab him in his stomach. He cries out and crouches. I kick him and he falls on the floor.

I scatter out of the room and run out of the building.I turn around and memorize the buildings address.

The sun hits my face and I soak in the warmth. I look around ; there's streets cascading with cars. A taxi gets near me and I wave my arms at it.

It stops next to me and I hop inside, a bearded man sits at the driver's seat.

"Where to?" He asks is a gruff voice.

I tell him my address, he doesn't seem confused. He just nods and starts driving. I realized I don't have any cash, nor my phone. But I'll work it out soon.

After 30 minutes or so, he drops me off, I look at him nervously.

"$20" he states.

"I...I don't have money." I tell him. He shakes his head and glances at me.

"Whatever kid, you're lucky I'm having a good day. Leave." He says, moving his hands for emphasis. I'm shocked at first but I snap out of it when I see him raise his bushy eyebrows through the visor.

I thank him and get out of the car, I run to my house and knock multiple times on the door.

Caleb opens up, he gasps and hugs me tightly. I hug back and tears soak my eyes and I let them out, I cry on his shoulder. He let's out a shuddering breath that turns into a sob.

He pulls away, and wipes his tears away, leaving his cheeks red. He motions me in and I scramble inside.

The house stills smells like soap. I jump slightly when I feel a hand on my back but then I realize it's my brother.

"Tris, where were you?" He questions, I pivot my head to see his green eyes.

"I got kidnapped by Al." I croak, his eyes go wide.

"From your middle school?" He asks. I nod and I remembered the address of the place i was in, I tell him and he nods. "You're safe now Tris, you're safe. I'll call the cops."

"I'm going to call mom and dad too, okay?" He adds, I nod once again and he walks away to call my parents.

Tobias. I run upstairs to my room,my steps thunder against the carpet, I swing open my door and look for my phone.

Once I successfully find it, I call Tobias.

"Tris? Is this you?" I hear a familiar state.

"Yes. Yes, it's me, Tobias." I replied.

"I'm coming over."

And then he hangs up.

I get into my bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. I'm...I'm hideous. My face is sunken down, which makes me look like a skeleton. Eye bags are under my blue eyes and my lips are chapped.

I brush my teeth, hating the fact that Al kissed it, and rinsed my face. By the time I'm done, I hear a knock on my window. I turn around and pace into my room.

Tobias.

He sits at my window still. How did he get up here? I shake my thought away and open it. He steps in and hugs me tightly, I embrace him too. We stay like that for a long time until he pulls away.

He kisses me with his smooth, soft lips. I deepen the kiss, I wrap my fingers around his short hair. We make out for a bit but Tobias pulls away.

"Where's Al?" He demands, anger in his voice.

"I stabbed him, Tobias." I tell him. He seems to calm down and kisses my forehead gently, then his forehead meets mine.

I feel so safe with him. As if nothing can happen.

"I love you Tris," he whispers.

"I love you too Tobias." I respond. We jump back, startled, as my door swings open.

My mother and father stand at the doorway. I never heard them come into the house. My mom walks to me with tears in her eyes and she engulfs me in a hug.

I feel my dad hug me too. We're all wrapped in a large hug. We pull away, and my dad puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Al is arrested." He states.

He's alive. Al is still alive.

"Are you okay?" My mom questions, snapping me out of my daze,

"Yes." I answer.

Her eyes are still filled with tears but she blinks them away. She looks behind me and then I realize that Tobias is still here.

"Hello Tobias." My mother says.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Prior." Tobias replies, giving them a tight smile.

" Hi Tobias." My dad greets him.

There is a long lapse of awkward silence, but my mother speaks up.

"Would you like to stay for dinner? You guys can go somewhere until I call you. Its barely 4:00." She states. I nod slightly.

" Sure, thanks Mrs. Prior." He answers. My parents give us a smile and walk out of my room. I turn to Tobias and he smiles.

"Want to go to the movie theater?" He asks, I smile back and nod quickly.

~~~ (TIME LAPSE)

When we arrived at the movie theater, we decided to watch "Insidous".

Since we dont scare easily, we gave it a chance.

Boy, I was wrong, it was full of jump scares that made me cower behind Tobias. Sometimes I heard Tobias chuckle, and I slapped his arm playfully.

The movie was finished, and I stood up from the chair and strech, my body was terribly sore of sitting down, I feel Tobias kiss me on the cheek and I blush, noticing that the lights turned on and people turn to glare.

Overall, it was a nice date.

My mother called me and we went back to the house and ate mashed potatos, steak and brussel spronts.

Tobias had to leave because my dad is way too protective.

So when my head hit my pillow, I didnt go out like a light, I lay staring at the ceiling, not feeling safe.

Since my Tobias wasnt with me.