Chapter 19

Tris POV

Saturday

I'm standing at the sink, washing dishes, as Caleb calls my parents to tell them what happened.

I realized I need to take out the trash. I grab the large kitchen trash bag and walk out of the door.

I walk to the trash can when I hear running steps. I turn my head and gasp in disbelief. Tobias. He runs to me, drenched in sweat. I run back, dropping the black trash bag. I embrace him and he does too. I let out my tears of joy as I wrap my hands in his short cropped hair. I take in a deep breath and enjoy the metal and soap, also, sweat smell. The silence is comforting as he rubs my back softly. I pull away.

"Oh my god Tobias, I thought I would never see you again!" I exclaim, I stare into his beautiful deep blue eyes.

"Well, I'm here now. And I won't leave." He replies. Just as the words flow through his mouth, I kiss him. He kisses back and I deepen the kiss. I pull away. " That was unexpected." He whispers. I laugh and plant a kiss on his blushing cheek. Then our foreheads meet.

"Forever?" I ask.

"Forever." He responds.

~~~~~~~~TIME LAPSE~~~~~~~~~

We sit on my bed and I look into Tobias eyes.

"Where were you?" I ask, he gets fidgety and nervous. I scrunch up my eyebrows in confusion.

"Marcus." He replies avoiding my eyes. The 4 years years I've known him tell me that he's lying to me. I grip his hand.

"No, no you weren't." I say softly, disappointed because he can't trust me.

" I cant tell you. I just can't." He responds, shaking his head.

"I thought you trusted me." I state.

"I do. But.." He takes a breath, " It..was.. my uncle."

"What happened?"

"He kidnapped me to get information on Marcus. He was going to kill me."

"Why does he want info on Marcus? Tobias, what aren't you telling me?"

"I can't say." I sigh.

"Fine, don't tell me." I get up but he grips my arm.

"He...killed...my mother Tris. He killed his own sister." He choked out, tears in his eyes. I gasp slightly and sit back down and place my hands on his cheeks.

"I'm sorry to make you say that Tob-" I started but he interrupted me.

"I told you a lie because there...was like ...this wall constricting me to tell you. It's difficult to speak about it." I nod, and pull my hands away.

"I'm sorry." I state again.

"Don't be," He begins, "I came here running because my uncle said he will kill you too. Luckily, he wasn't here."

"He was here, he nearly killed me, but Caleb knocked him out and the cops dragged him out." His eyes flash anger, concern and worry.

"Oh god. You're okay right?" He asks, concerned. I nod. I kiss him and he kisses back.

~~~~~~~~TIME LAPSE~~~~~~~~

Tris's POV

Monday

I get into the lockeroom and get dressed swiftly. I ignore Molly and Jess's nasty glares and walk to the gym. I see Tobias playing basketball and I steal the ball. He frowns as I laugh. He runs up to me and I shriek hysterically when he throws me over his broad shoulders.

"Hey! Stop, Four put Tris down!" The coach yells. Tobias puts me down and I blush when I feel everyone staring at us.

"Play basketball but keep you hands off each other!" He yells, I nod swiftly but Tobias puffs out air in annoyance and we start to play. Sam, Leo, and Percy come to join us. Other people play on the other courts.

We play for a long time and as we play,
Leo does a series of sassy jokes and Percy joins in. (So SASSY. LEO AND PERSASSY BE SASSY TOGETHER. 😂)

The bell rings and I jog to the lockeroom and then I go to the next period.

When I arrive, there's the kid that stares at me. He has dark brown hair, green eyes and tan skin. He states at me with curious eyes. I look away and sit in my seat. As we work, I feel his stare. I turn my head and he's still glaring at me. He winks at me.

I ignore him and turn my attention back to my work.

After the class, he walks to me.

"Hey." He says in a deep voice, "want to go out sometime?"

"I have a boyfriend." I state, not trying to sound harsh. But I probably sounded harsh.

"Hmm." He states, "didn't he cheat on you?" I start to walk away but he grips my arm tightly.

"I'm talking to you." He grits through his teeth.

"Let. Go. Of me." I warn, clenching my fist, he smirks and let's me go. " You don't ever lay a finger on me ever again or I'll break your wrist." I threaten him. He smiles and walks away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who do you think that guy is???

Thanks for reading this chapter! I'll post the next one soon! 😊