Chapter 18

Tobias POV

Saturday

I scream as Gabriel pulls out my fingernail (Authors note: OUCH! I KNOW, Sounds like a bloody mess. 😁)

He smirks and I cry out as the pain flares through me.

"Where the hell is he? Or I'll cut a finger after I remove all of your fingernails with this plier." He says, waving the pliers in a mocking way. I grit my teeth.

"I told you, I don't know." I state. He frowns.

"You're lying, tell me where he is." He declares.

"I don't know!" I exclaim.

"Fine. I'll get your girl instead of torturing you."

How does he know about Tris?

"You take one step near her and I'll kill you viscously." I say in a deep and serious voice.

"I know her because once I found you, which was a week before I kidnapped you. I watched you two. And that girl, Tris, she's going to die if you don't tell me." He states. I will lie. I'll make a place up.

"He's in Nevada. The address of the house is 6745 ginger avenue." I state. He nods.

"You know, I'm going to kill your girl anyway." Before I can respond, he walks out of the room.

~~~~~~~~TIME LAPSE~~~~~~~~~

Tris POV

Saturday

I stare out of the window as I think about Tobias.

Did Marcus do something to him? My stomach clenches in worry.

I sit at my desk and ponder about where he is. I hear a door open and I think it's my mom. I run downstairs and stop in my tracks as I see a man standing there, grinning at me. He runs to me and I run back upstairs, my heart beat beats faster as I shut my bedroom door.

I hear him pounding on the door.

"Come on Tris!" He yells, how did he know my name? I forget about that and I open my window.

The door bursts open just as I placed my foot on the roof. I get on the roof as fast as I can. He pulls on my hair and I scream as loud as I can before he traps me back in the house.

I thrash and shout but then he pushes me against the wall and his hand is around my neck.

He starts to choke me and my vision gets blurry. Until Caleb knocks out the man from behind, (he was outside playing basketball at the backyard)I gasp for air and I look at Caleb. His green eyes are full of concern and anger.

"Are you okay?" He asks. I nod and take a glance at the man. Who is he? I call the cops and Caleb makes sure the man is knocked out cold.

After a long lapse of time ,I hear the cops. They burst through my door and grab the unconscious man and drag him away.

An FBI agent asks me various questions and I answer. After they all leave, I think about the man and shudder.

~~~~~TIME LAPSE~~~~~~~~~~~

Tobias POV

Saturday

I break free from the various ropes and I run to the doorway. It's locked, obviously. I kick it open and I realize I'm in a house. I run down the stairs and kick the front door open.

A house without any neighbors.

All the other houses are burned down and I realized it's my old house, it's beaten down pretty bad, that's why I didn't recognize it. I run as fast as I can, running to Tris's house. She's has to be okay. She has to.

I continue telling myself that as I run faster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Random question: What are you going to be for Halloween? If you celebrate it.

I'm Tris Prior. *three finger salute*