Chapter 3

Tobias POV

I catch a girl staring at me.

She has the brightest blue eyes I've ever seen, her hair is blond and is in a ponytail. She's beautiful. I know her, she's my best friend. But I've always loved her. I just don't want to ruin our friendship if I tell her, if I do what if she doesn't love me back? I walk to the bleachers and sit next to her.

"Tobias!" She exclaims grinning, "I've missed you."

"Hey Tris and I've missed you too." I state. She embraces me, I instantly embrace her back. She pulls away.

" You changed a lot." She says.

" Puberty," I tell her. She laughs and I laugh with her.

" I haven't changed," she says sadly, " I still have a damn 11 year old body, with 0 curves and a stupid flat chest." She sighs. I didn't respond and she seemed to get sadder.

Oh god, I'm such an idiot, what did I do? Did I ruin our friendship? Does she hate me? Does she think I agree with her? I think she's perfect, Oh gosh. Someone taps my shoulder, I know it was Tris, I looked at her.

" Did you hear what I said?" She asks,

" What? No." I state. She laughs and grins, I give her a smile.

" I said," whats your next class?"" She says," what do you think about in your head Tobias?" She asks.

You, I think to myself. I just laugh as I take out my schedule. I read my next class.

Honors English Rm 689

I hand it to her. She grabs it and compares my schedule to hers.

" We only have lunch, English and science together." She says as she hands back my schedule. I'm about to say something but then the P.E teacher starts teaching.

~~~~~~~~~~TIME LAPSE~~~~~~~

As I play basketball with Tris, the bell rings. I give Tris a shocked look as were still in the uniform. We run to the locker room. I quickly get dressed and run through the back door. Tris comes out wearing ripped black jeans, black converse and a black V neck tee shirt. We pace as fast as we can until we find the English class.

I open the door for Tris and she walks in, I come in behind her.

There's about 24 desks and only 2 are empty. There's a female instructor with an erudite outfit. She has her hair in a bun, her eyes are brown and she wears this deep shade of red lipstick. She seems to be about 50 years old.

"Sit down." She tells Tris and I. I feel girls staring at me, I look at one girl and she smiles at me and winks. I look away. I sit down next to Tris. I look at her and she's staring at someone, a boy. Envy flows through me. I look at the floor and clench my fist.

I look back at the boy. He has black hair and green eyes, He looks at Tris and smiles, she smiles back. He looks away.

" You know him?" I say

" No, but I think I like him." She says.

I snap.

" Well you have to listen to the teacher, Tris." I say harshly. I feel sorry,"I'm sorry. Im just tired." I sigh. I look at Tris, she gives me a weird look. I look away.

" It's fine." She states. I feel as if I got punched when she keeps staring at him. I try to listen to the teacher but I can't. I should have known Tris likes me only as a friend. But I'll try to move on.

Try.