Chapter 12

Tris POV

Friday

"No....NO!" I yell. " No. Tobias." I shake him gently. I burst as he doesn't blink anymore.

"Oh my god!" I exclaim while sobbing. Then I hear the ambulance. The door burst open and people come in and take Tobias and put him in an ambulance truck. I get in with him.

"CLEAR!" A man yells.

He tries several times.

I sob.

Then a miracle happens.

He gasp and his bright blue eyes open. I hug him tight.

"Oh my god Tobias! I thought you were dead. " I exclaim, shedding tears of joy.

"I'm okay Tris," he makes out. I pull away, I fight the urge to kiss him. He cheated on me, the boy I've loved since 6th grade cheated on me, and it burns a hole in my soul. So I just squeeze his hand and give him a nod.

The truck stops and people take Tobias into the hospital.

They instruct me to stay in the waiting room until they finish.

So I'm sitting on a green old couch, the stuffing popping out in places. I look at my hands, they're dried with Tobias blood. I pick at my fingernails, taking off the dried blood. I've been waiting for about 20 minutes. I don't want to leave this spot to wash my hands, but I decide to anyway.

I go into the bathroom, and wash my hands about 2 times. I look at myself in the mirror, dried tears make my cheeks red. I rinse my face with cold, chilly water and dry it with a paper towel.

I think about Tobias as I sit down and wait some more. How he died and came back to life.

If he died, I wouldn't know how to live after that. I love - loved him. Yet I still feel this certain feeling.

"Tris Prior? Tobias can see you now." A male voice states, my head shakes off my thoughts and I jump up and walk to the man. He's wearing abnegation clothing, his skin a light shade of brown, his green eyes beautiful. He seems to be about 50 years old. I walk with him to a room.

I open it and Tobias is lying down on a hospital bed, smiling. I smile back and sit down on a chair next to him.

"He's gonna be okay, he'll be out today." The doctor states and leaves. I look at Tobias.

"Tris. Can you believe me on something?" He asks.

" What?" I question.

" Please Tris, I don't remember kissing Molly, it's as if someone gave me a serum or something. Trust me, please. I'll never hurt you because I love you, I love you so much." He tells me. I shake my head in disbelief.

"But thats not possible Tobias, don't lie." I argue. His eyes water.

" What can I do for you to believe me?" He mutters putting his head in his hands. I fight my feelings and get up. "Tris, you have to trust me. Please." He whispers, his voice cracking. He can act, but he can't be acting right? No he's lying.

I shake my head.

"I just can't trust you Tobias." And I walk out.

~~~~~~~~TIME LAPSE~~~~~~~~~

Tobias POV

Friday

I hear her leave and I sigh. I rub my eyes and blink my tears away. I close them.

Tris won't trust me, my dad is literally gonna kill me and I'm failing at school, I'm not trying anymore. I don't want to live anymore.

I try to sleep and fail, so I just think about Tris and her beautiful blue eyes.

~~~~~~~~T I M E L A P S E~~~~~~~

Tobias POV

Saturday

Marcus is missing, he ran away and the cops are looking for him.

I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling, the sun peaking through the curtains and I ponder about Tris. I miss her. I miss her a lot. I won't stop trying to get her back.

And Molly is gonna pay.