Chapter 22

Tris POV

Wednesday (it's still the same day when Al is introduced)

I yank my wrist out of his gasp and I pace quickly away from him, speed walking to the next period. I can't believe he's in this school. And that he is basically stalking me, I shiver at the thought. I sit next to Tobias.

"Tris? Are you alright?" He asks. I snap out of my daze. I shake my head. "Was it the guy?"

"It wasn't him who's doing the notes, it was Al." I say softly, still full of shock. We were all friends for a long time. And I didn't even know he was in this school.

"From middle school?" He questions. I nod. " I'll take care of him later Tris," he states, with pure anger in his voice. I nod slightly, then I hear what people are saying in my class.

"Holy crap, she's pregnant." A girl whispers.

"Four is the dad I believe." A boy states. The curse words fly at me.

I try to ignore them but I can't. Tobias keeps telling them that I'm not pregnant. But they don't believe him. I put my head on my desk and shut my eyes tight.

I yearn for my book, so it can take me away from this shitty reality.

I jump slightly when I feel Tobias hand on my back, he leans in.

"I love you, don't listen to them okay?" He tells me. I nod. The teacher starts to instruct but I don't listen.

Why does my life have to be so hard?

~~~~~~~~~TIME LAPSE~~~~~~~~

Tobias POV

Wednesday

After school, Chris and Tris went to go shopping to the mall. I stayed after school and look for Al.

He's going to never bother Tris again.

I search and can't find him, the bell ringed about 10 minutes ago, so I guess I can imagine.

But then I see him. He still looks the same from middle school, he only grew taller.

I see him walking to a grey car. I run at him, once I can reach him, I push him against the car, not as hard as I want to though.

"Listen here, " I whisper, "Im going to drive you somewhere where no one is going to see what I'm going to do to you."

I see that a few teachers are still around, Al nods. I drag him to my car, by his arm. Acting like he's my friend, we get into my car and I drive.

"Your girlfriend is mine Four," Al states as I get near an alley.

"You're going to shut the fuck up." I snarl. We arrive and I grab him tightly by the arm. I push him against the brick wall and as I'm about to punch him, he punches me first. Out of full anger and pain, I grab the collar of his shirt quickly and push him against the wall once more, yet harder.

I punch him, hard enough that he starts to bleed from his nose.

He kicks me in the groin. I fall to my knees in pain, vulnerable. He punches me with his fist and I fall to the hard floor. Blood already drenches my face.

"I'm good at fighting." Al says. I stand up quickly, almost stumbling since my head blisters with a headache already, and punch him, he loses his balance and I punch him again, this time he falls. I get on him and start punching and punching his face, remembering that this boy is stalking the girl I love, even though he was a good kid in middle school, he was a great friend. Blood soaks my knuckles. He catches my fist in midway and tries to pry me off.

He somehow gets on top of me, his fist hits my face hard.

"She's mine to keep!" He yells as he punches me again. Spots in my vision dance around.

I'll see you at midnight.

I will never give up.

And he won't see her at midnight. I push him off with my last bit of strength. I get up and kick him repetitively. He groans with pain.

When he stops moving, I get in close.

"Never bother Tris again," I growl.

I punch him one last time, with all my strength, and leave.

Did I kill him? No I didn't, as much as I wish I killed him, I can't.

People will find out that I did it, and I already see people stare in awe and terror from windows that are near. I actually thought no one would see but of course a few people would. I cuss at myself for being stupid.

I'll go to jail if I killed him anyway.

I drive to my house in pain. When I arrive, Tris is at my doorway, her blue eyes shocked as she sees me.

"Tobias!" She cries out, and runs to me.
"What happened to you?" She asks, her hands on my bloody cheeks.

"He won't bother you anymore." I tell her. She drags me to the door, I manage to open it with my keys and I lay down on my couch.

She sprints to the bathroom. I hear her shuffling things in the drawers.

She comes back with towel and some sort of soothing cream I bought a long time ago for my back. She kneels down next to me, and places the cold wet towel on my forehead, wiping my blood.

"I was calling you Tobias, I was so worried." She states, wiping more blood. "What did you do to Al, Tobias?" She questions.

"I beat him up pretty bad," I respond, she stops wiping and pulls away.

" He's not dead right? I mean, you didn't beat him to death?" She asks.

"No, as much as I wanted to." She nods slightly and wipes my entire face with the cold towel until most of my blood on my face is gone and the baby blue towel is soaked in blood from the fight. She opens the cream jar and places it on my face, I shudder at the cool sensation of the clear cream. She rubs it on the bruises, which seemed to be on my cheekbones, forehead, jar and a little smudge above my eyebrow.

She leans in and gives me a kiss with her soft lips on my cheek. She pulls back.

"Thank you Tobias." She tells me.

"I'll always protect you Tris." I respond to her.

"I love you." She states.

"I love you too." I say.

"Forever?"

"Forever."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YAY! 515 reads! A miracle! When I started, I thought I was only going to get 10. But I'm surprised.

Thanks for reading! 😊

I'll update soon!