Chapter 21

Tris POV

Tuesday

My mother texted me a few hours ago, asking where I am, I lied and told her I was sleeping over with Chris, she wouldn't like it if I was at my boyfriend's house without any adult around. Anyway, she accepted it reluctantly.

I lay on his bed with my head on Tobias chest, his arm is wrapped around me, protecting me. We're still wearing the clothes we wore at school, the dauntless clothing.

My cheeks are still red from my tears, yet I feel safe with Tobias. The T.V is off so it's silent except for our even breaths. I take out my phone to check the time.

11:00 p.m

I feel a shiver down my back. Will my family be fine? Of course they would. Right? My head hurts with worry.

"They will be fine Tris." Tobias states, as if he is reading my mind. I look up at him and kiss him, I feel him kiss back and we stay like that for a long time until he pulls away. "Tris, do you have any idea who wrote that note?" He questions. I do actually. The guy from my class, the one who stares at me all day.

I nod slightly, "Yes. I think it's this kid from my 2nd period." I respond. He grips my hand tight and his deep blue eyes get upset.

"Whats his name?" He demands, I shrug.

"I'm not sure, but he stares at me a lot." He doesn't say anything, but I can tell that he is willing to do anything to keep him away from me. He kisses my forehead and I inhale his soapy and metal smell. I snuggle closer to him as he pulls away.

"Go to sleep. I'll fight anyone who gets near you." I relax as he states that.

"With what?" I ask softly.

"With my bare hands obviously." He responds, smirking. (yup I did that quote.) So I sleep and end up having a dreamless night.

~~~~~~~~~~TIME LAPSE~~~~~~~

"Tris, Tris. Wake up." I hear a familiar deep voice say. My eyes flutter open and I see Tobias standing up and the sun beats on his tan skin. It's morning already, time for school.

I sit up and yawn. He takes off his shirt and I blush slightly as I realize I'm staring. I glance away and jump off his bed. He walks to his closet and gets dressed, I simply unruffled my clothes from the night before. I pace into his bathroom and brush my hair with his comb. He comes out of his closet in black jeans, a plain black T-shirt and black vans.

He walks into the bathroom and I swiftly give him back his comb, he smiles slightly and grabs it.

"You were serious when you said you only have a comb on your counter, well, you also have a toothbrush." I tell him, remembering that one day. He smiles wider. He walks closer and he opens a drawer, there's another toothbrush. I laugh.

"Why do you have two toothbrushes?" I ask, still laughing.

"I like to stock up and I only use one Tris." He responds and gives me the blue toothbrush. I smile and grab it, he grabs the blue one on the counter and we both brush our teeth.

When we're done, he runs his hand multiple times through his hair and I melt at the sight. He seems to notice and smirks. I flush of embarrassment and look away.

I feel his hand grip mine and I look at him. He's still smirking. "You look adorable when you're embarrassed." He states, my cheeks get warmer and I can't respond. He kisses me and I kiss back, his mouth tasting like mints and that draws me to kiss him more. So we kiss for a long time, until he pulls away.

"Let's go to school, I'm already ready." He states, I nod and we grab our backpacks, we run downstairs and we both grab a granola bar.

I hop into the car and so does he and he drives us allthe way to school.