◇3◇

《Previously》

Previously

The three joked around a bit as they walked through the park. Y/N was pleasantly surprised at how well she got along with the pair. She felt comfortable in their presence despite only meeting them today.

Y/N froze, a chill ran down her spine as she felt as though they were being watched. She noticed John had a cautious look in his eye as well.

They were being followed.

Chapter 3

"LET'S GET OUT of here!" John yelled, grabbing Seraphina's arm while Y/N ran alongside them. They rounded to the corner of an alleyway as John pulled out the pink shirt he had just bought. He threw it into the air and it landed on a figure.

"It's invi-

Y/N wasted no time and sent a powerful kick to the invisible figure. She could see the shirt fly back, meaning she had successfully knocked him away.

"-sible..."

Seraphina and John stared at the H/C female, jaws hanging open. They did not expect for her to react that quickly nor send such a powerful attack. Seraphina's eyes returned to normal as Y/N acted before she had a chance to freeze time.

"Wow Y/N! That was so cool! Where did you learn to kick like that?" John asked in amazement.

A light blush spread across her cheeks, "I've practiced hand-to-hand combat since I was really little. It's a hobby of mine since I prefer using it over my ability." They nodded in understanding. Seraphina spoke up, "Speaking of which, what is your ability Y/N?"

"Ah! It's regeneration and resistance. I can't heal others, but I can heal myself from basically almost any injury in a short period of time. I also can't feel pain to a good extent. Like if someone were to stab me with a knife, I'd probably feel a tiny pinch, but I could heal it in a few seconds."

I mean, technically, I'm not lying...that IS one of my abilities..

"So you're basically invincible?!"

"Not really. I mean if someone were to injure me enough in a vital spot like the head or the heart, I would die like any other person. But I can mostly recover from anything else."

"You have years of fighting experience, can heal yourself, and can't feel pain?" John asked incredously. "You sound like one of those overpowered characters in fanfictions."

"I guess," Y/N shrugged. "Anyways, I should start heading back to my apartment. I'll see you guys at school on Monday." She was about to hop on her bike, but was stopped.