◇29◇

🌌Chapter 29🌌

🌌Chapter 29🌌

ANOTHER TIRING DAY of school, otherwise known as complete hell, had passed. There wasn't anything to do for the rest of the day, and she was feeling somewhat emotionally and physically drained from life. What does that mean, you ask? It means a nice, long nap.

"If anyone comes asking for me, tell them I'm hibernating until further notice," Y/N yawned to her roommate Remi, shutting the blinds on the windows.

"Gotchu. Have a nice nap. I'll just be working on some stuff on my laptop, so don't worry about me being loud and try to get some rest." Remi smiled warmly, feeling almost relieved that her dear friend was sleeping. She wasn't dumb. There have been multiple occasions she had woken up in the dark hours of night to see Y/N tossing around, unable to sleep. Not to mention the times she'd hear the girl's quiet sniffles. It didn't take a genius to know Y/N was sleep-deprived.

Giving the pinkette a small nod of gratitude, Y/N then rolled herself like a burrito into the warm comforts of her blanket, sighing in content at the sensation.

Around ten minutes had passed when knocking was heard at the door.

Remi peeked at Y/N too see if she was awake. When she found the girl dead still, she silently crept to the door and nudged it open a tad.

"..What are you two doing here?" She asked, staring at her two closest male friends: Blyke and Isen. The orange haired teen waved awkwardly while Blyke crosses his arms.

"Here to help you, obviously," Blyke stated.

Closing the door, the pinkette denied, "I already told you Blyke. I've had my hands full recently, but everything is fine."

"Hey wait." He stopped the door with his hand. "You really think we wouldn't notice any changes recently? Something's been bothering you lately. You've been acting shifty since forever now. You're secretly still working on EMBER, aren't you?"

There was no talking as Remi clenched her curled her fingers. "T..that's ridiculous! EMBER is old news. I've got tons of other things to worry about than them. Look, I appreciate you guys coming to check up on me, but sometimes I just need my space. So bye."

She tried shutting the door, but Blyke firmly placed his hand there, prohibiting her. She struggled against his strength amusingly, yet the redhead didn't budge.

"F-fine!" She said, defeated. "Keep it open then! I don't care!"

"Prove it."

"Prove what?" Remi asked, confused.

"You want us to leave you alone, then fine! But not until we know you're okay! Show us your room."