◇23 ◇

🌌Chapter 23🌌

🌌Chapter 23🌌

SPOTTING A HEAD of purple and green hair, Y/N ran over to her friend who was just about to enter the school known as Wellston for the first time since her suspension. Seraphina's ability still showed no sign of returning, but it was still a bit early to tell. All they could do was wait and see what happens.

"Morning Serry, how did you sleep?" Y/N asked, stuffing her hands into her comfy pockets'

"Bad. I was worrying about my ability problem all night," The tired girl groaned and Y/N noticed the dark circles under her friend's eyes. Guess we're matching now.

As the pair walked into the school, murmurs filled the air as everyone gawked. Friends leaned into each other and whispered shamelessly, for some reason thinking Y/N and Seraphina didn't have ears.

"Oh my gosh! Isn't that Seraphina??"

"She's back?!"

"What did she get in trouble for again?"

"Who knows? But it must've been bad of they were willing to suspend her."

"Man, she's still hanging around that two-eye-color freak?"

Seraphina clenched her jaw and maintained a stone face at the commentary. Meanwhile Y/N passed by the girl who had said the last comment. She stopped in front of the smirking female with a blank face. Then the corner of the H/C girl's lips tugged up ever so slightly as she fired back, "At least this 'two-eye-color freak' doesn't have spinach in the corner of her teeth."

Flushing embarrassingly, the girl lowered her head as the students around her snickered. The random girl speed-walked away from Y/N, presumably to the bathroom to check if there was spinach lodged in her teeth.

An audible sigh reached Y/N's ears that belonged to Seraphina. To their right was a boy reading the Wellston Newspaper, the head article labeled 'SERAPHINA RETURNS AFTER MONTH LONG SUSPENSION.' Knowing how irritated she must be, Y/N rubbed her friend's shoulder emphatically. They continued walking, not noticing when they passed by a certain two boys with orange hair and red hair.

"Man, she's so cool." Blyke complimented.

"Who, Y/N or Seraphina?" Isen asked for clarification with a raised eyebrow.

"Both of them, really."

The orange haired boy trailed his gaze to the backs of the two girls, eyes lingering a bit longer on Y/N. He shivered slightly before facing his best friend again, "I think Y/N would be more cool if she wasn't so terrifying."

Blyke snorted and rolled his eyes, "Y/N? Terrifying? Sure she's really strong, but otherwise she's pretty nice and cheery. A bit weird, but mostly funny. Don't know where you get 'terrifying from. If anything, Seraphina is more intimidating."