◇12◇

《Chapter 12》

Chapter 12

SCHOOL FINALLY WAS over, Y/N and John managing to get through without any major problems. News traveled fast, the majority of the students already knowing of Seraphina's suspension. This meant more trouble, so the pair became more cautious.

Since they both had nothing better to do once the school day was out, they decided to go out on a jog together. Y/N was waiting for John outside his door, already in her working out clothes. While she waited, she scrolled through memes on Instagram, snorting to herself like a weirdo. The sound of the door opening caught her attention.

"Took you long eno-" Her jaw dropped open when she looked at John.

HIS FUCKING HAIR-

"Are you okay Y/N?" He waved his hand in front of her frozen face.

Grabbing him by his shoulders, she leaned in and examined his hair in awe, "You didn't gel your hair..."

"And..?"

"You should stop gelling it, periodt."

"Why?"

"I think you look a lot better without it."

A light blush tinted his cheek and he scratched his head, "Thanks?"

"No problem buddy," She patted his back before jogging off his porch and onto the sidewalk. John caught up to her as they jogged together. After exercising for a good hour or two, they stopped by a small cafe on the side of the street. She ordered a croissant while John ordered a sandwich. A waiter with a charming, friendly smile jotted down their orders and quickly rushed to prepare them.

"You really look different with your hair messy like that," Y/N pointed out.

"I don't think there's much of a difference," He shrugged.

"Bro-" A loud gasp escaped Y/N's mouth as a scorching liquid was thrown over her. Although she couldn't feel the pain of the heat, she could see the smoke of the liquid as it was poured over her head. Her clothes became drenched, along with her hair.

"Who the fuck-" She stopped in her tracks the moment she saw who had drowned her in hot chocolate. A middle aged lady holding the empty cup, nostrils flaring, fat tears streaming down her cheeks, breath ragged. Dark circles were visible underneath her eyes, showcasing her exhaustion.

Y/N felt her breath being knocked out of her, "Y..you..I.." She began to cough violently, her throat constricting. Tears began to cloud her vision. Why was this woman here now of all times?

The lady was sobbing, "How could you?! H-how?! You c-can't be out with your friends enjoying y-your life when you took away t-three whole years of my daughter's! T-three years, 4 months, and 12 d-days she spent, l-lying on the hospital b-bed! S-she just woke up after a-all this time and s-s-she can't even stand u-up..or talk...or s-smile...It's all your fault! You have the audacity to laugh and live your life as if you didn't do anything?! They should've put you behind bars!"