◇45◇

🎆Chapter 45🎆

🎆Chapter 45🎆

"OH MY GOD, that's her, isn't it? Is she going to start coming regularly now?" Students whispered greedily to one another, gossip spreading like a wildfire at the unexpected appearance at the start of the school day.

Wary looks stood by the sidelines seeing the girl with H/C hair walk through the middle of the crowded hallway. They had cleared the path in a flash upon noticing who was coming down.

"You think the rumors are true?"

"I don't know man, and I don't wanna find out either."

"Look at her acting all high and mighty.."

"I heard she'll rip off all of your nails if you even look at her...scary.."

"People are saying she's with Joker—ah!"

The boy who said the last statement froze when one of his books accidentally slipped out of his hands, happening to land directly in front of Y/N. His hands suddenly felt clammy and sweaty.

Was he going to die here?

Y/N halted in her movement noticing the book blocking her path and the owner quivering on the side. For a moment, she did nothing, only staring blankly at the object.

Nobody dared to move a muscle. It was eerily silent.

Then slowly, her face turned to his direction, causing him to flinch.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

She smiled.

A lighthearted, sweet smile that would warm anyone's heart. Her eyes slightly creased and her dimples were prominent.

Softly, she spoke and bent down to pick up the boy's book. "You dropped this. Be careful since you might end up unintentionally hurting someone in the future."

He was a stuttering mess. "T...t-thank y-you—!!"

"No problem," Her mouth perked up again brightly before trailing into a disheartened look. She didn't speak to anyone in particular, but rather everyone who was listening in. "...I'm a bit upset that people seem to think I'm working with whoever this Joker guy is...I'll admit that I've been hiding a few things since I've transferred here since a few certain things happened in my past. I'll just say that it's true that I have two abilities, as most of you have heard...But just know, that I can't even imagine doing half the things people have said about me. It...it hurts that everyone has such a negative image of me." A tear rolled down her face as she sniffled once.