◇6◇

《Chapter 6》

Chapter 6

TIME DRAGGED BY incredibly slow. Y/N doodled mindlessly as her teacher droned on and on. This sucks. The majority of the class also spaced out, with the exceptions of the few who cared about their education. This was not Y/N. Instead, she wanted to bang her head against the wall repeatedly and jump out of the window. She hated learning material she already knew. I should've skipped class with Seraphina.

As she stared out the window, she couldn't help but let old memories resurface.

.

.

For as long as she could remember, she was always the best.

The most beautiful.

The smartest.

The most confident.

The strongest.

She was always the best.

-

"You're very lucky ma'am," the doctor informed Y/N's mother . "It is extremely rare for a child to be born with two abilities, much less such powerful ones that intertwine so wonderfully. Expect great things from her someday."

Y/N's mother grinned widely, pride gleaming noticably, "Thank you doctor. I'm honored to have such a special daughter." She then bent down to meet the tiny doe eyes of a young Y/N, "You hear that Y/N? You're going to do great things for this world someday. But remember, that no matter what, your family is here for you." Ruffling her confused face lovingly, she stood back up and said goodbye to the doctor.

"Oh, just wait till I come back and tell your father the good news! We've both been so anxious that there was something wrong with your eyes, but it turns out you just have two abilities!"

Being at an innocent, young age, Y/N didn't understand what was so important or special about abilities. She didn't necessarily care, as long as her parents were happy then she was too.

-

Y/N tapped her foot impatiently, staring at the long line to use the slide. There were at least two dozen kids waiting, and it was taking forever for the line to move. This was pretty much a normal occurrence at Y/N's elementary school. Everyone usually raced to this slide since it was the only one on the playground during recess.