◇51◇

🥀 Chapter 51 🥀

🥀 Chapter 51 🥀

PERHAPS IN THE midst of resentment that dominated John's judgement, he didn't notice every instinctive alarm in his body going into emergency mode. Through every hit they traded, the dark haired boy still came back strong and steady. Y/N had to commemorate him for that. Of course, the real battle had barely even started yet.

If you could even call this a battle. She was hoping to aim more towards the word slaughter.

Up until now, Y/N had only used her regeneration ability to heal the small cuts and wounds that she let hit her. On the other hand, John still had Remi's, Blyke's, Zeke's, and Isen's ability, a seemingly overwhelming advantage.

So why did John feel like he didn't have the upper hand?

It didn't make sense.

His plan was simple, but he knew he still needed to be cautious. Seeing how multiple amplified high-tier abilities weren't even enough to faze her, he just needed stronger ones. And there just so happened to be two overwhelmingly powerful abilities sitting right in front of him.

Y/N's.

If he could just copy and manipulate her abilities, it would be over. I mean, who could fight against a stronger version of themself?

One flaw in his plan was the fact that he didn't have a sufficient understanding of her aura yet to replicate her healing ability nor her body link. Why was it so hard? Based on what he knew, her healing ability was gauged at a 6.7, so he at least should've been able to somewhat mirror that. What kind of self healing ability was so complex anyways? The current goal was to force Y/N to use heal herself as much as possible, so he could have a better grasp of her ability. Then the same with her body link.

The problem with the latter is that she had yet to actually use it, and John, well, barely knew anything about it.

Up until this very moment, he'd never encountered her type of ability in any of his opponents. It was bewildering. At most he had only remembered her using it in front of him once or twice, and it all felt like such a blur. The one that stood out the most was when they were dealing with the four mid-tiers that kidnapped Seraphina. Why couldn't he recall much? Was he too rushed on adrenaline at the time?

Cursing himself as he narrowly dodged another kick, his eye twitched when he caught a sly smile on Y/N's face.

This fucking bitch is toying with me-

Whether it was a dozen laser beams, high voltage electricity bolts, or a higher offense form, Y/N nimbly brushed it all off. She had to have received some sort of formal training to be able to be so naturally agile and strong.

She came at him with a feint, pretending to aim for his shoulder before sweeping his feet out from under him and punching him into the ground. He grunted, blasting waves of black electricity around his body to make her back off, which she did, but not without a satisfactory grin on her face.