Di Angelo: Fallen

Falling. 

    He was falling through an endless darkness, unsure of when he started. Unsure if he would ever stop. He had screamed at some point but no one would have heard him. Not here. This was merely a gateway between places for him to cross and it was a long, long way down. Every so often his mind was filled with rough images of people and places he knew yet had never visited or been to. He knew what his mission was and the price of failure was too high to pay. 

    He was to kill a man if one would be able to justify calling him that, namely William Afton. From his understanding this...monster was going to take the lives of many innocent children and that couldn't be allowed. Of course, this was impossible to avoid as his memories of everything he was seeing would be taken from him sometime after he arrived on Earth. It was just how things worked. 

    Angels couldn’t directly interfere with the flow of human time, it would shake the foundation of reality itself however there was a workaround. This being the memory wipe, then there’s no evidence to indicate the fallen is in fact not human and thus for whatever reason, it works just fine. It would all feel natural but in reality, it was already predetermined. It would have amused him had he not been falling for what could have been months, years even. 

    Finally light filled the darkness and he was breaking through the clouds, fire engulfing him, a boom broke the sound of rushing wind but it was ripped away just as quickly. The ground was growing closer and closer. Of course, there was no way to prevent his impact so he braced himself as best he could and a few seconds later, another boom.

    He had arrived. Now he had a lot of things to sort out before he could get to his task. The problem, rather problems, were quite numbered. He didn’t have anything to his name, had no sense of direction and well just didn’t fit in anywhere. Of course, he knew there were solutions but he didn’t know where to start. 

    “Well...guess...Guess I should just get to walking first…”

    Slowly he shook himself off and looked at his wings. They were blackened with dirt and the burns from the fire but otherwise, he was fine. Luckily he, somehow, had some semblance of clothing on. 

    At last, he crawled his way out of the crater he had made and brushed the dirt out of his hair. It was...peaceful. His mind was eased slightly by the sound of silence but he didn’t have much time to get things sorted. 

    “I need to find a place to live…”

    As the angel moved through the woods in which he fell, his mind was fixated upon some of the things he had seen. A man, well rounded. Grey eyed. A smile with no warmth to it. That was his target. The one he was to kill? There was another flash he had seen that didn’t quite fit. A golden rabbit with blood on it. Was there a connection? 

    At last, his eyes fell upon a house, a few lights were on indicating that someone was there. Perhaps he could find shelter for the night, after all, they’d forget he was there after he left. It was one of the lucky things of being an angel on Earth...at least one that was simply there to view the state of things and not on an actual mission…

    Something about the house was pulling him towards it as if he had reason to be there. However, he didn’t know what it was. Nothing he had seen in his descent matched up to this house so what was pulling him in? Was this the house of an angel? It was possible due to the almost magnetic pull and lack of reasoning to be here. 

    “Is someone out there?”

    Samuel paused. The owner knew he was here. There were only two options, try his luck or get away as fast as possible. He knew the creations of man were too slow to do anything to him but he had just fallen from quite a height so it was probably better if he just let things play out.