Chapter 13: Past Pain

"What do you mean?"

Momo Maverick was justifiably confused by the statement. Why was the sight before her a mistake? Was it an accident that she was seeing it? Was it an accident that the doll, or rather the thing where the doll had once been, existed?

"Henry Emily, the father of Charlie, found something Momo. He discovered a means of keeping his child alive after death but this is...I'm afraid William had found out about it and used it for his own reasons."

Sam turned away from the woman, something was in his eye that she knew a bit too well. It was pain. Something about this situation was painful to the man but there wasn't a clear indication as to what other than the possibility that he had gotten caught up in the darker side of what was arguably an amazing invention to revolutionize entertainment if used properly.

"I haven't told you but there's this distinct...situation that I remember clearly. I'm no longer sure that it was just a nightmare as this damned disk has entered my life but...I think I was an unwilling test subject...I had awoken in a bedroom. A door to the left, the closet was directly in front of me, with another door on my right. I was sitting on the bed and an off-key ringing was coming from every direction possible..."

The man paused. Clearly struggling to keep himself composed while telling the story but he needed to tell it. It was the only way to explain what was going on properly. It needed to be said if only to prove to himself that it was real.

"I had a flashlight but no other means of figuring anything out except for the footsteps...I never got a proper look at any of them but they looked like a child's nightmare had taken a hold of the crew at Freddy's...I don't know how or where it happened but this thing."

He indicated to what was once Ella.

"This thing proves to me it DID happen. It had to have. But that raises the question of where. Where would it have happened?"

If it did happen, then it would have to be somewhere around the city...at least Sam hoped it was as that would make things a bit easier to look out for. Granted he had little to no details to go off of other than what little he remembered of the room. It seemed to be some sort of house but...it couldn't be, could it? He didn't remember anything around the incident nor did he remember when it would have taken place which didn't help anything either.

"Well I wouldn't have any ideas Sam...but it does concern me as I saw something last night. I didn't get a good look at it but the thing had a metal hand for sure. The light caught it and was reflected back so there's something out there at the least. If we can track down where it came from we could potentially figure out where this...incident occurred."

"Wait. Last night? Well, that explains why you were here this early but...where were you?"

Something told the man that she was at the hotel she usually stayed at which concerned him deeply. Something was out there. It knew who they were and it wanted them dead. Time was running out for them to get everything figured out as she SAW whatever it was. There was no telling what would happen next. Would it finally show itself? Would it finally attack? Was it even alone for that matter...if there was only the one that had gotten far to close to Sam.

"Actually, I have a funny idea that I know...But we were on two sides of town at two different times...Shit...It must have moved...but-"

"Sam. The police know there's something going on. Officer Dunn pulled me over and informed me...then I saw whatever it was at the hotel..."

A sense of horrified dread filled the room. Neither spoke, Ella still appearing as Sammy. Mike was still asleep...at least Sam hoped he was asleep as this would be a long, long day of figuring things out.

"If the police know about it all then we really don't have much of an option here. Guess we got to just act as natural as possible and if something happens well, it happens. I just hope we don't end up having to deal with anything."

The man let out a sigh. He really didn't want to deal with the police again, not after Fredbear's. Not after Caroline...It was too much. How much more would that damned place ruin his life? How much longer would it haunt him? There was no answer.

"Well, let's get going."

"You sure Sam, what about Mike?"

"Mike's fine. He's good with a day to himself. Probably would do him some good."