Chapter 15:Maze of Memories

The man blinked slowly, his head was spinning and couldn't remember what happened to lead to this point. His grey eyes studied everything around him. He was an analytically minded one which was why he handled the logistical side of things but now that skill was failing him.

"This place...feels wrongly familiar..."

William Afton finally stood up from his position of lying on a bed he didn't recognize as his own. Something was very distinctly wrong about this situation but how did he get here? Was he dead?

That was it. He was dead.

"If I'm dead...then where have I ended up?"

There was a nagging feeling at the back of his mind that was saying he knew where he was but why? He had no recollection of visiting such a place as this yet his mind said otherwise. This wasn't right but he had to know. Had to understand what was going on.

Finally, his attention was drawn to a door he hadn't noticed...or it may not have been there, to begin with, but it was now. It was a simple thing, white with a golden knob. There wasn't any sign of a lock or means of keeping it closed so without much thinking William made his way to the door and opened it. He wasn't prepared for what awaited him.

Behind the door was more doors. Rather a corridor full of them. The closest looked to be made of metal and had no means of opening them which was rather odd but he was dead so logic didn't need to apply here. Slowly the man stepped into the hallway and the room behind him stayed open. He was half expecting it to be closed.

"Alright...what is there to find here?"

The man's grey eyes swept from door to door. Each one was the same, metal, no means of opening them. What WAS this place? It was door after door of metal. It felt unnatural even if he was dead which made it even more confusing.

"Anyone here?"

No response came, it was expected of course but there was still something...off about this place. It felt too connected. Too organized...

Seeing no option except to go forward, that's what he did. It may have been minutes. May have been days for all he knew but at some point, the doors turned from metal to the same one as the room he had awoken in but something was off about them.

"What secrets do you hold?"

William tilted his head slightly as he studied a door, it didn't have any indication of what was behind it but figured if it was a simple door there wouldn't be anything bad behind it right? Oh, how wrong he was.

Slowly his hand fell upon the knob and twisted it. As the door opened all he could see was darkness...but there was something too familiar about it like he had been in that situation before. Something about it kept him in place. It wanted him to see the scene play out.

[I]"Ah. Mr.Di Angelo...still alive? Shame."

If he could make any noise, he would have. That was his voice. That was him! What did he just witness?! Was this purgatory? What did he do to get here? The man turned and slammed the door shut, moving on to another one. It was another random door only a little bit further down the line.

[I] "You're lucky you're already dead William...I'd kill you for everything you've done...You were nothing but a monster in life and I swear if it's the last thing I do, I'll ruin any beliefs anyone had about you. You don't deserve to be remembered for Fredbear's."

It was Sam's voice this time but he was seeing it from...Sam's perspective...? What was the meaning of all this? Was there some higher power trying to show him the things his legacy had done? If so...why? What was there to gain from this?

Darkness started overtaking his vision. It was a calm darkness but he wanted- no. needed to see more of what was here but whatever force was at play here decided he had seen enough and was dragging him off. There was one lingering question as his vision finally faded.

If he was such a bad man in life...why wasn't he in hell?