Chapter 12: Revelation

"Well...alright then..."

Sam had woken up to an odd feeling that someone else was in the house that shouldn't be but he wasn't anticipating it to be Momo. Something must have happened during the night for her to be here which he didn't mind of course but it did raise the question of why.

What would have led her to come back here? Did she even leave at all for that matter? The man wouldn't have been sure due to how long he kept himself up for last night working on trying to sort through all the paperwork and figuring out how Ella fit into it all. Of course, he came up short as nothing he looked at seemed to indicate any connections let alone provide light that William wasn't the one behind everything.

Her sleeping form was lying on his couch upstairs next to his workshop which was even weirder than her even being there as he should have noticed her right? Perhaps he had just gone to bed before she got there? He'd need to ask but he didn't want to wake her up. It seemed wrong since she looked so peaceful.

Silently he walked over to her, a hand outstretched but he stopped himself. No. He couldn't...Though a blanket wouldn't harm anything would it? There was no reason it would. She was just kind of lying there which the least he could do was give her a blanket as the house was somewhat cold.

"That would work."

Sam smiled to himself as he headed up to the attic. The stairs leading up didn't make any noise despite their lack of use and how long they had been sitting but it never bothered the man. There was just something about anything he owned never needing to be repaired which was quite helpful. The attic however needed some organizing since he had put all of Caroline's belongings up here some time ago and never properly got to straighten it up, regardless he was looking for a specific box he had just recently put up here, it was just blankets he never used. Given he didn't have any spares this was the one thing he could turn to so that Momo would have a blanket.

"Hmm..."

He finally pulled the box from its spot amongst the random assortment and opened it. The question now became what blanket to give her? The only one he could think of was the purple one sitting at the top of the pile as it wasn't heavy but also wasn't so thin that it be pointless so he grabbed it, closed the box and set it back where it was. Cleaning would come another day.

His descent back down the stairs was quiet as well. Momo likely still asleep as he didn't hear anything coming from the house. It was kind of an advantage that he woke up so early as that meant he could just sit and enjoy the silence for a few hours a day without worry. Though Momo's presence worried him, why did she come back? Was something out there? The man needed to know but also didn't opt to wake her.

"Here you go, dear..."

Gently he lay the blanket over the woman's body and headed to his workshop. Sam was determined to figure out how Ella was important as it was still a mystery to him. As with any mystery, it needed to be solved and he wouldn't give up easily.

"Alright. Time to get some answers."

The man's blue eyes studied the doll, there wasn't any indication of an opening be it obvious or otherwise except for her mouth but it was fixed shut so no luck there. What made her so important? Was it something abstract or was this just some sort of misdirection...if it WAS misdirection, then why was she being protected by something out to kill him? It just didn't make sense.

"Damnit. Why are you so important Ella?"

Sam dropped his head on the table, this just wasn't getting anywhere.

That noise.

The man knew it well. It was one he hoped to never hear again but there it was. It was coming from

Ella.

"What the hell?! What is this?!"

How was this happening? The noise was definitely coming from the doll but why? Henry never mentioned anything about the noise disks before...

"Sam? What's wrong?"

Momo slowly walked into the room, the blanket wrapped around her as she moved. It would have been a cute sight had he not been terrified by what he had discovered. This wasn't an accident. Henry had a hand in the disks and this was the proof.

"I just found something I don't think I was meant to see. Henry had a hand in something I hoped was just a nightmare but...Why? What motivation was the-"

He paused as his eyes went back to what was once Ella to find someone that was supposedly dead. It was Sammy, Henry's second child. The question still remained, how did this have a role in everything?

"Sam...what...what am I looking at?"

"The answer to what happened in Fredbear's..."

The woman raised an eyebrow. She didn't understand what he was on about since this was quite the sight. It didn't help she was also still somewhat asleep.

"Don't you hear that noise? It's faint but if you focus hard enough you'll hear it. What I saw in Fredbear's wasn't any less real to me then this is. It's all a matter sleight of hand, make the mind focus on the image while something else actually makes it."

Her black eyes flicked from the motionless child to the man and back again. Slowly but surely her mind became aware of a faint ringing noise, it was pleasant yet strange at the same time. It shouldn't have been there yet was.

"Now you hear it?"

"Yeah. What is it anyway?"

"A mistake."