Chapter 19: A Moment

“Sam. Seriously. What. The. Hell.”

    Momo glanced at the blonde out of the corner of her eye. She had witnessed far too much in the span of only a few hours to be asleep. Whatever was going on, it needed to stop and ever since he went to Fredbear’s that one night, things started going crazy. She wanted answers. No. Needed them, her mind was barely understanding any of it. 

    “I- I don’t fully know…”

    He was terrified by what he had seen, that much was obvious. It meant he was being honest with her about not knowing what was going on which scared her slightly. If even SAM didn’t know then they were in some seriously deep waters. With deep water came the sharks…

    “It’s alright Sam...Let’s just get you home and we can regroup.”

    The blonde nodded silently. It might have just been her but it looked like he was holding back tears. Whatever he had seen, it was something personal. Momo didn’t want to ask as she had a good idea that it had to do with Caroline. 

    The woman drove in silence, her passenger was quiet as well but he may have been asleep due to how he was leaning against the window. It bothered her somewhat due to his usual natural energy but something just felt...wrong about this. 

    Was he not sleeping at night? Was it just to escape from reality for a little while or was it something to be worried about? Sadly there was no answer for the brown-haired driver. She just had to drive and speculate.  

    “What on earth did you unleash Sam…”

    It was a valid question to ask given the fact neither of them had a full grasp on it but it still bothered her. What were they up against...What happened to him in the diner? It scared her somewhat. He seemed slightly different since he had woken up and something about him felt...colder. His eyes were a bit more grey as well. It was like he wasn’t himself. 

    “God...I love you but what happened? You’ve changed…”

    She turned her head to focus on driving. Her mind cleared of any thoughts other than driving as the last thing she needed was to have an accident due to her being too deep in her own thoughts, not that she would of course but it didn’t really matter.  It was best to get somewhere else before thinking as she really had a lot to consider. 

    After what felt like only a few minutes she found herself pulling into the driveway of Sam’s house once again. Nothing seemed out of place but there was an odd sense of wrongness in the air. It was as if something had happened but it wasn’t here where it happened. Perhaps it was just what happened in town lingering in her mind. 

    “Sam, wake up. We’ve arrived.”

    The man slowly sat upright. He didn’t say anything for a moment, as if not quite sure where he was. It was concerning Momo. What had gotten into him?

    “Sam, you alright?”

    “Huh? Yeah...sorry...just...haven’t been sleeping real well recently.”

    His voice was little more than a whisper in the car as if he was afraid of someone else overhearing his words. It was kind of cute in a way but again, it bothered her for some odd reason. He was just tired so why was she so concerned about it? 

    “Oh, what-”

    “We need to go, now. Charlie’s in danger.”

    Mike had shot out of the house, the door still wide open and he didn’t stop running until he hit the side of the car with enough force to make the car rock slightly. He meant business. 

    “Mike, what-”

    Sam was awake now, his eyes were focused on his son. If Charlie was in danger, that would mean there were more than one of those things out there. It seemed they only got a moment of rest before things hit the fan again. 

    Sam let out a sigh. Momo couldn’t blame him though since they had JUST dealt with something as it was so to have to go out again was kinda annoying to put it nicely.  They still had to since Charlie was involved in this whether or not she wanted to be and since Sam had a close connection to her, it would have been wrong to leave her in danger for no reason.