Chapter 0: Awakening

How long had it been? He hadn't been here in...at least four years now. Not since the incident anyway...Well. That one was just another brick to the pile that had dragged this place under.

   Fredbear's Family Diner.

   Once a cornerstone of fun in the town it was nothing more than a rotten memory that, for whatever reason, this man had returned to. There was something he needed from it. Specifically, some paperwork to verify something. He had to know. It had bothered him since he first heard about it but something didn't add up. Bad enough he was stuck with William's child but the man just up and disappeared without a word. Why he, of all people, had ended up with the young boy was beyond him.

"Here we go...Time to revive the past one last time and finally put it to rest..."

The tall man slowly killed the engine of his truck and stepped into the cold winter air. He sighed. The man's life had changed so much with what little time he had worked here but something about it just kept coming back. Almost like it was calling to him, If it had something to share, he was here to listen and find it. The files would be in William Afton's old office which never bothered the blonde during the day but with the fading sunlight and the fact the room had no windows, it didn't sit well with him despite the need to get the evidence to prove that something bigger was at play here.

"Ah...Shame really...Maybe I should restore you at some point. It would be kind of nice."

His blue eyes studied the building before him. It was a simple thing made of logs and was rather small but it did the job. The one thing that some would consider weird or even wrong was the bar. For whatever reason, the diner had a full on bar. Luckily there weren't any fights but it still bothered some people. However, it didn't matter as that's not why the company went under.

"Focus. You need to just get in, get out and go home. You're behind anyway."

Slowly the man moved towards the door, careful of where he stepped as to not trip over an unseen rock. The parking lot had long since been overrun by nature and the weeds were a good three inches tall in some places which didn't help anything. If he was going to restore the place to make it a museum, it would be a lot of work but it would be a passion project. Fredbear's was a part of this town's history as was the new Freddy Fazbear's which Sam didn't actually know who owned it. That didn't matter, he was getting off track again which was bad. The longer he took with this, the longer it would take to get home and get to sleep.

"You seriously need to either just leave it for another day or get in and just go for it."

Sam had stopped walking halfway to the doorway. He could just call it a night or head into the depths and see if he can find what he wanted. His legs had moved before his mind could decide. His hand grabbed his flashlight and flicked it on, there was no turning back now as his feet crossed into the building. It was, of course, dark inside. The sun had faded by this point leaving only the flashlight as any means of seeing anything.

"Welp. Into the depths it is..."

The tall man let out a chuckle that filled the space. It felt wrong. This space was abandoned, left to die. For life to exist here was wrong. A fundamental imbalance. Death had won here so for Life to come back wasn't right. This was lost on the intruder, his mind was focused on the task at hand so he didn't notice that SpringBonnie was at his old post on the stage. Something that, had he noticed, would have sent him running.

"Ah, here we are."

At last, he had reached the door to William Afton's old office. It opened with ease...a little too easily actually but Sam just wanted to get the paperwork and get out. There was something very, very wrong. The paperwork he had wanted was stacked neatly on the desk as if someone had been here before him and knew he was coming. Was this a trap? A growing sense of unease filled the man's mind, there was something in the room with him.