Chapter 3: Friendly Conversations

Charlie Emily, the lone child of Henry Emily, was sitting with Mike and just talking about nothing in particular until Sam was brought up by the lone child of William Afton.

"Charlie, what do you think of Sam?"

Her brow furrowed and looked at nothing in particular as she thought about the man in question. She never really thought about him since the two rarely crossed paths but he was nice enough if a little off but it never really bothered her.

"Sam's alright I guess. I don't really know him that well but...is it just me or is he kind of odd? Some of the smaller things I've noticed are just weird."

"What do you mean?"

The brown haired boy raised an eyebrow, he too thought Sam was somewhat odd but then again he thought Momo was as well...What kind of a name was Momo anyway? He shook his head to pull himself out of his thoughts as Charlie was giving him a sideways look.

"Well for a start the pineapple on pizza thing. Who does that? Another thing is how he acts around the animatronics at Freddy's. It's weird. On one hand, he talks to them like they're alive and on the other, he's jumpy when they suddenly move or say something. Then there's Momo...Don't get me wrong, she's a nice woman but I'm pretty sure you're about as tall as she is..."

"Are you trying to imply something?"

Mike had let a bit of anger slip into his voice. Sam was a good man, he had taken him in when he had nowhere else to go so if Charlie was making accusations...It wouldn't be a good day for either of them.

"No, of course not! I'm just saying...Momo in herself is odd too...Maybe I'm just overanalyzing him..."

She shrugged. The man was odd but he also wasn't inherently bad. He clearly had good intentions as he WAS trying to prove William Afton was guilty but his actions were questionable. The man was something else.

"He's got some mental issues but he's a good man. Try not to be so rude about him alright? He's been through a lot as it is and the miswiring doesn't help. Momo's talked to me once or twice about it."

Jennifer Emily, Charlie's aunt, had overheard Charlie and Mike talking about Sam and since she was one of the only people to really know him it was her responsibility to stand up for him since he wasn't here to do so himself. He was still in the hospital after what happened which there STILL wasn't an answer for.

"Hey, since you know him the best...Does he ever mention Henry or William?"

Mike was genuinely curious. He wanted to know more about his and Charlie's fathers since they never really knew them. It was one of the downsides to being the children of two of the most influential people in Hurricane but the name recognition was kind of fun until that one day...

"He started to recently. It involves Fredbear's which is better off not discussed. At least not until Sam's back on his feet anyway as the last we need is more problems from that place..."

She trailed off, bitterness lining her words. She had grown to resent that place. Everyone in town seemed to as well since they all left it to rot away but it seemed it had a few dark secrets left to be revealed. It wasn't something she wanted to consider as that place had taken far too much from her.

"Oh...Alright..."

The room fell into silence. There was a dark sense of dread for some reason, like the calm before a raging storm. It was inescapable so all they could do was sit and hope for the best.