Chapter 8: Nightmare

Falling.

He was falling, spiraling out of control in a downwards rush to oblivion. With this speed came the burning, indescribably excruciating painful burning. What had he done wrong? Was it his own anger? If it was...

Why was it William's voice that was screaming?

At last, he stopped suddenly, thankful that this wasn't real as he would have been ripped apart due to the sudden stop. He hung in the void, unable to see anything, for what may have been a year, or only a second or two since time was no longer trackable and thus irrelevant until he started being pulled back upwards, away from what may have been a one way trip to hell.

As he was pulled back from wherever it was, his mind spun trying to come up with an answer to what was happening here. Surely this was a nightmare...but why did it feel so real? Why was it so painful? He shouldn't have been able to feel it after what happened in the suit so...how was he feeling it?

"What the hell...?"

He hadn't blinked but he may as well have as now, he was standing in a hallway he didn't recognize as anywhere he had been before but something told him that there was a good reason he was here. However, there was a sense of dread that hung in the air. This wasn't just a dream, this was some twisted version of reality that he could only perceive while asleep as everything felt real, his vision was as clear as ever. His body was his own to move. But what had brought him here?

"There you are...I hope you weren't falling for too long...I'll elaborate later but for now I have some important information you need to know Samuel."

William Afton.

What on earth was William doing here? What more could he do to torment Sam? He was supposed to be dead but here he was all the same. Somehow infiltrating his dreams and now he had something important to say? Was this some sort of joke? It likely was, even though it was twisted, it would be a joke to William.

"Come now Samuel, I can barely see you at the far end of the hallway. Come face me like the man you are, after all, I'm dead anyway so I can't do anything to you."

"Then what on earth are you doing here?"

It was a valid question given that William was dead and this was clearly something far from a nightmare so there were quite a few questions that needed answering here and it seemed the dead man had some tales to tell.

"For starts, yes. I am dead, at least physically...actually that's not entirely true either. My body's still out there, it's angry. Restless. As for here? This isn't exactly a dream or a nightmare. It's a part of your brain you can't access, it's not anything worth worrying about as well, I'm stuck in this mirror. As for YOU, well you're in almost full control here...except for getting rid of me. That's not something you could do easily anymore but that's something best off saved for later. Right now, you need to understand a few things. One, I'm not the one you should worry about. Two, there are things about the company not even YOU truly understand. Three, you should revisit the past to understand the bigger picture before you. Four, Mike and Charlie are in danger. Five, the monsters have been freed. You need to wake up now."

The soft music of the alarm filled the man's ears as he slowly opened his eyes, what had he just experienced? It didn't make sense...at least part of it did but it didn't sit well with him...What did William mean by everything he said? There was only one real way to find out and that started with what he understood and that was that there were now monsters on the loose and Mike along with Charlie were in danger. As for revisiting the past? He didn't mean Fredbear's...did he? Sam had gotten the papers already so...

Henry's house.

That was it. He needed to go to Henry's house to get a grasp of the bigger picture here. The question was...was he sure he could handle it? Was the house even safe to enter? Again, there was only one way to find out.