Chapter 23: Planning

Sam awoke in his bed. The previous events felt like a dream as it was still dark outside and it felt like he had only just fallen asleep too which only made things all the more confusing. What was that? Was any of it real? It felt like it was real...sort of like the bedroom he had been trapped in. He was there and it happened but...it felt fake as well. Like it wasn’t him actually doing anything. 

    He rose slowly, unsure of himself. There was a bit of a haze in his mind again but that may have been due to the state of sleep he woke from. It was like when he first woke up from the incident at the diner...perhaps he could find some answers in the workshop? Surely he would have made a note or two about it after he got back.

    The house was silent. Darkness inhabited every corner and wall. He was alone but luckily the door to his room opened straight to the stairwell meaning he had a clear shot up if need be. However, something said he was safe. If only for now. 

    “Well...let’s get to it.”

    Sam stepped into the hall. It wasn’t any less dark than his room but he still felt kind of off. It was an indescribable feeling but it was there. Perhaps it was just paranoia gripping him due to the darkness of the house? It didn’t much matter since he focused on climbing the stairs and making his way to the office.

    The office was surprisingly washed in the soft glow of a lamp on the desk. Ella stood at the ready, the ringing gone. It was an odd sight and it kind of looked like Ella had turned the lamp on when that would be impossible. It was still an amusing thought. 

    “Well...what have we now?”

    Sitting on the desk was an assortment of paperwork, the blueprints, and a new thing. It was a map. Hand drawn but very well detailed. If he didn’t know better the blonde would have assumed he made it at some point but there were markings on it seemingly implying entrances and exits. 

    “Good. you’re awake. I need your attention, Samuel. This is a matter of stopping myself or plunging this entire town into a bloodbath. That map is important, it marks any and all entrances and exits to what I can only assume is some sort of tunnel system below the town. We need to get in and get to the main area. I have a feeling we’re expected.”

    “Wait. William...what...what’s going on here?”

    Sam raised an eyebrow. This was, in fact, William speaking but there was no obvious manner in which for him to speak...after all, he was supposed to be dead...right? Was...was what happened at Fredbear’s real? 

    “Yes. very much so Samuel. As for what’s going on? Well. after the incident at Fredbear’s, I’ve been in the back of your mind, literally. It took me some time to get up here but I’m here and I’m the one to guide you to the end of all of this. I’ve noticed when you sleep I get to see what my dead body sees and...He has Momo, Charlie and Mike. We need to move.”

    “Wait. That...thing has Momo? Alright. What’s the plan here since you know the place.”

    Neither spoke for a moment as the blue-eyed man studied the map. From the looks of it, there were at least four different means of getting in. One was the storage facility...or what remained of it, one was in town, one was under the diner and one came out...at the hotel, Momo was staying in…

    “Well for starters, we need to get some sort of weapon. That thing isn’t human. Its brain is little more than primal instinct, a bit of intelligence and a lot of hatred. It doesn’t feel pain, after all. A dead body can’t and it’s going to be faster than you’d expect. If your girlfriend was smart she’d have the taser on her which he wouldn’t look for.”

    “G-girlfriend? What are you on about? Me and Momo aren’t dating!”

    “I literally walked through your mind, Samuel. You want her as your own. You’re just too scared to admit it to her. 

    The man fell silent. There wasn’t a way to deny it since William had been in his head since the incident at Fredbear’s which felt like so long ago… He sighed in resignation and looked at the map again.

    “So how are we going in?”

    “We should go through the storage facility. There’s something that was left for you down there. That blue tablet was one of them. When you get there. Enter your full name and the rest will explain itself.”

    “Alright...guess...guess we should just get to it.”