Chapter 9: Missing Pieces

"Well ah...here we go..."

Samuel Di Angelo slowly pulled his truck onto what remained of the driveway leading to Henry Emily's house. It had long since been abandoned, or rather left to rot due to no one caring for it. The house was a short thing from the outside but the man knew it had a second floor at least which meant he had a lot of ground to cover if he wanted to find anything...granted it hadn't all been taken when the place was first left behind that was.

"What secrets do you hold for me to find?"

The house remained silent, the wind was blowing softly but otherwise, the space around the house may as well be dead to the world given how secluded it was. Eventually, the house would fall in on itself and there'd be nothing left of Henry Emily except for Charlie and the animatronics but even Charlie didn't really remember her own father, likely due to the trauma of losing her brother and mother.

"No answer, well alright. Let's just get this over with and I'll leave you alone again."

At last, the blonde made his way up to the front of the house to see that the front door was open. It WAS still on the hinges but someone had been here already. Recently from the looks of it too since there wasn't any water damage to the floors near the interior side of the door. If he was smart, he would have gone back to his truck and grabbed some sort of weapon but he didn't, crossing the threshold of the house.

"Well...where to start...Probably upstairs as if I'm not mistaken that was where Henry's office was..."

The man's blue eyes studied the stairwell, it was shrouded in darkness due to the lack of lighting in the house which made it feel...wrong to go up there but he needed to if he wanted to get anything out of his trip here. Given it was almost impossible to see, it was hard to judge the state of the stairwell so the best he had was to test it and whatever happened, happened.

"Here's to hoping that I don't get a leg full of wood..."

Sam slowly walked over to the nearly hidden path up to the second floor and started climbing. Luckily for him, it didn't make any noise which was useful if anyone else was still here which he had no evidence to suggest either possibility was correct so for now, it was him, and possibly someone else. He was only here for some paperwork and nothing else so if he ran into anyone, there was a chance things would go smoothly.

"Just find what you came for and get out. The more time you spend here, the more likely you are to have another episode like at Fredbear's."

At last, he reached the top of the stairwell, only to be greeted by darkness and thin strips of sunlight indicating the doors were closed. It was just enough light to see where certain things were which is what mattered, and he could just leave the doors open and close them when he was ready to leave.

"Where to start? Well, let's just go with the closest door.

[I] "Sam?"

[I] "What?"

[I] "You spaced out on me."

[I] "Sorry."

[I] "So what you think of Stanley and Ella?"

[I] "They've seen better days but nothing a quick coat of paint wouldn't fix."

The blonde shook his head. Had it been that long since he was last here? It didn't feel like it but he wasn't the best with the flow of time. Regardless Charlie's old room was just as he remembered it which wasn't something he was surprised by given how oddly preserved all the rooms he had to revisit were but it did bother him. Something was keeping these rooms clean for whatever reason. Perhaps there was some spirit trying to help and keeping the rooms clean was the best it could do? There wasn't a good way to say as well, it was a spirit. How would you even figure it out?