Chapter 17: Six Feet Under

He had escaped. The man escaped his grasp again. How did this keep happening? It was starting to piss the beast off. Sam would only get so lucky. There were only so many times he could escape the cold grasp of death but it was a matter of time.

    How long would it take though? How much longer would it take to get the life of that man? It was too long. Too many years of waiting. The first trap failed and failed again the second. The third, however? Well, that would be different. SpringTrap would make sure of it. The next move was to rig the storage facility as that would likely be the man’s next move. 

    “Yes...He...won’t...escape…”

    The rotten rabbit moved methodically towards the doorway it wanted. It was a back door to the rental storage facility. It had of course long since been abandoned and anything that was there had been left untouched. The children had left the space after accepting they would never find a host body for them. It didn’t bother the beast though. It wasn’t his issue to deal with anymore. 

    The door opened silently and the remains of William Afton were plunged into darkness, it didn’t matter to him as his eyesight had ironically grown better in death. Light and darkness no longer had an effect so the absence of light was meaningless. 

    “Elizabeth...Pathetic...Running away from what you were always meant to be…”

    SpringTrap snarled as he made his way to the main control room. There were a few gas pipes that had been exposed that he wanted to find. If things went accordingly, it would work as he wanted and set the place ablaze with Samuel inside. It was just a matter of time.

    “Yes...He will suffer...Finally, release me from this mortal body ...I will become a god…”

    The idea of becoming a god was what had driven him after his first experiment was a success. A human soul could persist after death. It was why he was still around inside of the suit but what of Samuel? Surely he should be dead so what made HIM special? The question drove him mad, literally. The lack of understanding, jealousy, and general hatred of Samuel Di Angelo had fractured William Afton’s soul. 

    In spirit, William was always a good man but after his youngest son, daughter, and wife were taken from him it ruined him. The good man was pushed to the back, replaced by almost animalistic anger and hatred. He had put on a mask that deceived everyone except Sam. That would have ruined his plans had his plans not been ruined by dying inside of SpringBonnie. 

    “Ah...there we go…”

    At last SpringTrap had reached the control panel and studied it. It was simple in layout but that was all part of the deception. The plan was to lure Sam down here, have Elizabeth trick him into the scooper room and whatever came out wouldn’t be Sam. Of course, that failed horribly with both Elizabeth’s unannounced departure, he did have to admit she was clever about it, and his own demise so he couldn’t trick the man into the trap.

    The beast let out another growl as he smashed the glass. His plan wouldn’t work if Sam wasn’t breathing the gas after all and since the pipes were in each gallery room that meant the glass had to be broken. It was expensive to build everything but since it was never used, it didn’t matter. Nothing really mattered other than killing Samuel Di Angelo. 

    “There...Now...I shall wait…”

    The pipes were now broken and had SpringTrap any ability to breathe, it would have started affecting him pretty much immediately. He let out what was an attempt at a laugh and left. His work was done, all he needed to do was wait for the victim to fall for the trap.