◇7◇

(here is a bonus update bc we reached 600+ views ajdksksjsn thank you guys so much)

Chapter 7

Y/N WAS GETTING ready for school when her phone started ringing.

Oh my my my! Oh my my my! You got me high so fast~

Humming happily to her catchy ringtone, she picked up her phone from the table. She felt her heart stop beating for a split second when she saw the contact name.

'Mom' is calling...

Accept --- Decline

Accept --- Decline

It had been months since her mom had called her. Ever since the incident, her family limited the amount of contact they had. Y/N knew that they still cared for her, but...it just hasn't been the same.

"H..hello?" Y/N spoke softly.

"Hi, Y/N. I was just calling up to check on you. How have you been? Is school okay?"

Y/N's grip tightened on the phone as the stinging in her heart advanced. She had missed hearing her mom's soothing voice. The absence only reminding her of her own faults.

"I-It's good. I've made these two friends who seem really cool.."

"That's great, Y/N!"

She doesn't call me [nickname] anymore..

"Your father told me to say hi for him too."

"Tell him I said hi back..So, is there any specific reason why you called mom?"

"Ah, yes. I've heard on the news lately that there's been an elite gang called EMBER around that area. Keep your eyes up and be safe...I know you can take care of yourself, but still...I'm worried."

"Don't worry mom. I know how to stay out of trouble." That was a whole lie. "So," Y/N coughed. "H-how's S/N doing?"

"She's doing okay. This is her first year of high school, and she said she's even made a few friends. She's been improving her ability, too. There's a chance she might bump up to mid-tier in a few years if she works hard enough."

Y/N smiled fondly, "That's great to hear...Is there any chance I could chat with her for just a few minutes? It's been years since..."