◇8◇

《Previously

Previously...

Remi froze, any trace of emotion but sadness and concern erased from her features. Her hands clenched the book tightly, shaking. Blyke stares in worry, furrowing his eyebrows, "..Remi?"

Eyes avoiding any contact, she muttered weakly, "I...I went home to attend a funeral.." The red head across from her flinched in shock.

Because my brother was murdered."

Chapter 8

Y/N gasped quietly, feeling her grip on the book loosening. Her jaw dropped open, guilt filling her heart heavily. Sure, she did eavesdrop, but she didn't want to hear this type of private information. She felt as if she was betraying the pinkette, even if they weren't proper friends. I should just get to class..It's starting soon.

Checking out the books at the front desk, she put them in her bag and walked out of the library. By now she mostly knew all her room numbers, so navigating was simple. The annoying part was having to listen to the superficial commentary directed her way.

"Look, that's the transfer I was telling you about! I told you she has two different color eyes!"

"First month here and she already started leeching off Seraphina like that stupid cripple."

"Word is that it was her who attacked Arlo at turf wars, not Seraphina..."

"Are you crazy?! That's not even possible! Think before you speak idiot. She can't be any higher than a mid-tier."

I just want to go home.

Sighing inwardly, Y/N trudged through the halls until she was finally away from the suffocating atmosphere. She was even a minute early for class. Never in her life did Y/N thought she would admit this, but she was thankful for being in the classroom. It allowed her a safe haven from the judging stares and whispers of the other students.

"What's up John?" Y/N greeted her friend, who sat alone at his desk.

"Hey Y/N. Back from the library already?"

"Yep," She replies, popping the 'p.'

The teacher then walked in to the class, telling everyone to quiet down. Y/N slumped back in her seat, dreading the next hour of useless learning.

"First off, I'm going to be handing out your report cards.." Y/N sat up abruptly in her seat, straightening up. Oh shizzling drizzle nuggets. Almost forgot 'bout that.

The teacher continued calling down a list of names, handing out the reports to the students as he called them. Soon he got to John, who was lost in thought.