07: Kimi to -Iori- Night

Kujou rang the doorbell of the IDOLiSH6 agency. Having been rigorously trained by his father over the years about idol work, nervousness has never managed to bother Riku. Today was different. Riku was not very familiar with such shows like 'Kimi to IDOLiSH6 Night. He was unsure if he could be trained in a few hours before going live.

Tsumugi ran down to get the door. She was surprised to see Riku alone without his manager. His manager would never allow this, but for once Riku wanted to try doing something 'fun'.

I truly am selfish. And I am supposed to be here to help them.

Tsumugi was too nervous to start a conversation with Riku who was following behind her in awkward silence. After all, there are so many bad rumours about Riku's personality, and most of them are true.

The door opened to a filming scene with all the IDOLiSH6 members. Even though I6 were prepared to work with Kujou, they kind of froze a little. Riku decided he had to start. The redhead walked a good distance in to the room and bowed.

"K-Kujou Riku... desu. I am looking forward to working with you." He stuttered at work for the first time in his life. That little slip up seemed to help ease I6's nerves quite a bit though.

"Kujou-san." Iori walked towards Riku. He wished they could have a little chat, but not much time was left for practice. "I hope you are ready to start." He then looked at Tsumugi. "Manager, are all the scripts modified?"

"Y-yes here!" Tsumugi handed the script to Riku. Riku took it gently.

"W-wait, Iori, I've never done a talk show before!" Riku flipped through the scripts. His confidence was not in the high. Riku did not have the heart to be cold towards I6 as a fan of them himself. Plus, his manager was nowhere in sight. The messy Riku was having an internal war with the cold Riku. W-what should I do? How should I act?

Iori seemed to have sensed that Kujou was uncomfortable, so he grabbed and squeezed one of Kujou's shoulders firmly as reassurance. "It will be fine, Kujou-san." Then Iori lowered his voice. "You can be yourself here. We won't tell. Just keep your persona during the show."

"Right." Riku nodded.

"What's going on here?" Mitsuki spoke in awe. *How can my little brother treat Kujou like that? * "Kujou is calling my brother by his first name..."

It's like they are already friends. Wait, don't tell me this guy is....! Yamato thought.

Riku knew I6 were talking about him even when he was standing from the distance. He got that a lot. Whispers and gossip behind his back can be heard on a daily basis. Riku took a deep breath and walked closer to the others.

"I'll be in your care." He bowed and when he looked up, he gave a nice smile. The kind of smile that idols never get to see from Kujou Riku.

Fearless (or partly clueless) Tamaki started a topic. "Your dance is amazing, Rikkun." At that moment, Sougo's heart dropped lower than underground. T-t-t-t-Tamaki-kun!!!! He was not the only one. Tama...! Tamaki! OH MY GOD TAMAKI!

"Rik..kun?" Riku tilted his head. Yeah, he was totally cute. Then he smiled again and said, "Ah, thank you!"

Their moment of breaking the ice was interrupted by Iori, reminding them of the amount of time they had.

~~

"So, after the whole talk section here, Kujou-san will join us to sing 'Perfection Gimmick." All the idols sat in a circle. Sougo was going over the script.

"Eh?!" Riku gasped. "I have to sing I6's song?!?!" I am actually happy, but

Can I do it? Smiling while singing a song. Give off a happy aura to people, bring joy to their lives like they do to me?