27: My Progress

A/N: Hey lovely ppl! This chapter is longer than usual just letting you know. Enjoy!

------------------------

A week after IDOLiSH6 was notified about the new idol, Iori was stressed. After the success of the IDOLiSH6 live concert, they began to receive more jobs and became busier. It would have been fine if Iori was not worried about the unknown rival, or rather, 'the enemy', joining Takanashi Productions.

"I don't have a lead on them at all." Iori was in his room at his desk after today's work, thinking hard and talking to himself. "Manager hasn't got a single clue. The practice room at the agency seems to be used only by I6. Since he promised his group mates he would not talk to the president, he decided to investigate 'a little' on his own.

Otoharu and Banri could appear quite laidback, but they actually were experienced and cautious. By now, they had a new place ready for Riku to move into. The house was a little old but spacious enough to have a separate recording and practice room. To avoid any suspicions from people like Iori and Tenn, Riku chose to remain living at his apartment until he made a proper appearance in the public. He only went to his new house for work.

Iori was even more worried when he found out from Momo and Yuki that Riku had quit his job at the theme cafe. He had so many questions. When he finally had some time off, Riku said he was busy. Riku did not lie when he said he was busy. He had to practice, memorise the lyrics and dances to his new songs and recall the routines of Kujou Riku's songs. Otoharu told the boy he would start working on getting the licence for those songs after Nanase Riku's debut since Riku wanted them. It was a lot of work for the young boy, but he felt strangely good, like his life clock started ticking again.

Just what have you been doing, Kujou-san? Iori could not understand why it was so hard to meet this hopeless guy when he quit the job. If Iori had to be honest, he was more hurt than worried. He would always ask about Riku's wellbeing and whenever Riku had problems, he would listen. Well, look at him now, wanting to talk about his issues, Riku was nowhere to be seen.

The rest of I6 could see that Iori's mind was not on their jobs at all for the past few days. He did not mess up, but he seemed to be... lifeless. Unmotivated. Yesterday, Mitsuki was ready to confront Iori when Yamato intervened. "Maybe Ichi hasn't been getting enough rest. We have our afternoon off tomorrow. Let's see how things go," he said.

So when the day came, Iori sat on a chair in his room, hugging an Usamimi Friends plush. He was exhausted, frustrated, and restless. He had enough of feeling out of control, so he grabbed his phone, and without really thinking much, he spammed some texts to Riku.

Iori: Kujou-san, where are you?

Iori: Listen, we need to talk. Face to face.

Iori: Are you hiding something from me?

Iori: You're being mean, selfish, and unfair. Talk to me.

~~

Riku was practising in his new house, fully focused on pulling off difficult dance moves. He spun to the right, landing with his left leg off to the side then immediately turned to the left and mirrored the landing move just now. He had only one beat before it was time for a jumping move.

"WAH! *thump!*" After that jump, Riku was supposed to land on his feet and continue singing, but his tiredness made him stumble and fall hard on his bum. "Huff huff"

"Riku-kun!" Banri opened the door and rushed in with an oxygen bottle. He was not supervising Riku all the time as it could make the boy uncomfortable. Still, he was in the living area right outside. "Mou! You've overworked yourself again." The manager looked at his idol worriedly. Riku had been messing up a lot during practice. "Your body needs time to adjust. Don't rush things. You don't have to perfect these dances in a day." Banri gave Riku a stern look so Riku could understand he was not satisfied.