22: The Nanase

"Iori, you're going to that theme cafe, right?"

After I6's dance practice in the afternoon, Mitsuki approached his little brother. Iori had gotten much better so I6 now had a mini concert scheduled for next month.

"Yes, Nii-san. It's been a while since I last saw Kujou-san. I'd like to check on him."

Iori had a small smile on his face. It was a smile that Mitsuki absolutely adored as Iori would always try to hide it. However, Mitsuki was not so taken by it this time.

"Riku has been hurting you, hasn't he?"

Iori who was crouching and packing things up froze on the spot. What Mitsuki said was sadly true, Riku had been a little more mentally unstable since Kujou Takamasa was arrested. His doctor said it was from extra trauma since Friend's Day. Not to mention that Riku had lost his career as an idol. It was not like Iori was not used to seeing Riku being so lifeless, then all of a sudden losing control of his emotions before they started officially dating. Their relationship had always been unpredictable. It was just that Riku had been having trouble with it a lot lately and that simply tired Iori out.

Mitsuki noticed that Iori had been acting strange. The younger boy would normally be talking about Riku excitedly without realising it himself. Sure, he was still happy, but there was a noticeable difference. There was tiredness and a hint of pain in Iori's eyes. At least his dear brother could see.

"Iori" Mitsuki touched his little brother's shoulder when he found the boy looking at him without replying. "I will tolerate anything but violence."

Iori gave Mitsuki a reassuring smile when his brother made it clear he was worried about Riku abusing him physically. "Don't worry, Nii-san, Riku doesn't hit me."

Mitsuki shouted this time. "Don't lie to me! Nanase said you two fought that day." Mitsuki's body trembled as he was trying to hold back his frustration.

Iori stood up and took his Nii-san's hand. He looked right into Mitsuki's eyes. "It's very rare for Riku to be in that state. I can say he is an idiot who doesn't know how to deal with a lot of things, but he is innocent and kind at heart. Plus, he has been getting professional help." Iori spoke with his analytical tone, showing Mitsuki that he was not blinded by love.

Still, Mitsuki was not very convinced.

Iori let go of Mitsuki's hand. "Why don't you come with me, Nii-san? That way, you can see for yourself."

The younger boy appreciated how much his brother cared about him. The same went for Iori who truly cared about Mitsuki. Even though it sounded childish, Iori wanted Mitsuki to be on good terms with Riku. He wanted to be able to boast to his big brother about how charming his boyfriend was.

~~

The theme cafe was full of customers this evening. In fact, it had gain a lot more popularity since Riku started working here. Somehow, Erin's doll-like expression pleased a lot of young women. Erin made them feel like they were in an anime world and were really his master. Unfortunately, Iori had booked a private service with Erin, so he was not serving anyone else tonight.

Mitsuki's mouth dropped as he looked around. However, he was wearing a face mask so people could not see. "This place looks crazy expensive!" Mitsuki felt like a king just by standing there.

"Right?" Iori pulled his face mask down and smiled at his brother. "I was very surprised when Riku took me here too."

Mitsuki smirked and lightly elbowed Iori, "Heeeeh? Now I know why you fell head over heels for the guy. "

The younger boy's face went tomato red. "N-Nii-san. I d-don't! I jus-"

"Welcome back, Izumi-sama."