14: Heart of a Monster

Note: In case some of you didn't see the announcement. I'm going to be updating ONE of my fics ONCE A WEEK on SUNDAY due to me starting my uni dissertation. If I can't make it that Sunday it will be pushed to the next week and so on. Sorry I know what's it like having to wait for an update but yeah...life...T^T

Take this chapter as a bonus update okay? :P

Kenar

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Have Iori and Riku woken up?"

Nagi asked as he entered the living area, seeing Mitsuki making breakfast and Yamato and Sougo waiting at the table. Tamaki was still asleep. Sougo would probably wake him up soon as all of them had to work in about two hours.

"I'll go check." Yamato got up and went to Iori's room. He knocked on the door lightly, "Ichi? Riku?". There was no reply so Yamato sighed before very slowly turning the doorknob. He took light steps inside and was met with a 'good' scene. The leader smirked and went back to the kitchen.

"Mitsu! You need to see this!" Yamato pulled Mitsuki's arm which was holding a spatula. "Ossan, I'm frying eggs here!!" Mitsuki shouted as he almost sent the egg flying by surprise. Yamato ignored it and whispered about what he saw to the short boy. Mitsuki's eyes went wide with sudden interest. "Nagi! Help take care of this for a minute!" Mitsuki smirked and left the cooking station with Yamato.

"OH! BUT I want to know what's going on too!" Nagi shouted disappointedly as he stood before the hob.

Mitsuki entered the dark room to see the red-haired boy curling up under Iori's right arm. Their faces were almost touching. Riku was holding Iori's left arm like a pillow. Blankets were on the floor. Those were probably useless anyway.

Sougo got a little curious. He thought the two were probably up to no good. He crept up behind them and grabbed those two's shoulders. "WhAt ArE YoU tWo Up tO?". Both Mitsuki and Yamato felt the sudden drop in temperature as Sougo's dark aura expanded.

Iori's eyes twitched a little. He started shifting his body a little as consciousness was slowly coming back. "This is bad!" Both Mitsuki and Yamato whispered in panic. They turned around, grabbed Sougo's arms, and bolted out the door with him before Iori noticed they were watching. Yamato covered Sougo's mouth completely when they were a safe distance away from the door. The three (one forced) resorted to an act of eavesdropping instead. Sougo's dark mode failed to fully activate with sudden distraction.

"Nggghhh.... eh?"

Riku opened his eyes around the same time Iori opened his. Iori's face went red when he realised he was hugging Riku while sleeping. "K-Kujou-san I-" The high school boy quickly sat up, feeling totally flustered.

Riku did not understand why Iori was acting like that. He got up too and rubbed his eyes. "Mornin' Iori," He stretched his body and yawned. "So it was you who kept me warm." Riku gave his classic look as he dropped a straightforward line.

"You were the one who pulled me into bed, Kujou-san!" Iori shouted. He wanted to run away and hide in a tunnel somewhere. Iori thought: what was he thinking? What if the others saw them?

"Riku." The redhead frowned a little as he spoke his own name. Iori let out a "huh?"

"You called me that last night when you kissed me, right? And the other day you gave me a souvenir too. Why are you using my last name now?" The older boy actually wanted more kisses. When Iori kissed him, he felt peaceful and loved. He never knew he longed for those feelings. Now that he had gotten a taste of it, he yearned for more.