20: Broken Doll

A/N: warning - strong language
Enjoy! ^^

------------------------------------------------

The next week, Riku was quickly becoming more lifeless. No amount of makeup could hide his tiredness. He kept getting attacks every now and then. The agency simply said that Riku had caught a cold. Directors and broadcasters rolled their eyes when they knew they had to work with Kujou Riku. The boy was full of trouble.

Kujou Riku was at his limit.

Ryuu had tried knocking on Riku's prep room door before when they had a photoshoot in the same location, but Riku's manager sent the poor guy away in the coldest way possible.

TRIGGER went and asked Yaotome Sousuke for help. Tenn almost begged. The idols were simply told to stay away from Kujou Riku. Anesagi said it was the president's and her job to protect their idols, even if the path was full of thorns. If only they knew about the attempted murder, they may have had a different approach to the situation.

The adults in Takanashi Productions were sympathetic towards Riku, knowing something was going on. Still, they had a somewhat similar view to Yaotome Productions. Trying to get involved with a matter involving an idol from another agency was a complicated and delicate process.

"Sou-chan, is there nothing we can do?"

Tamaki went to sit in Sougo's room. It was very rare for him to not have any Ousama pudding in his hands. The young boy seemed worried. The way he sat on the floor and hugged his knees confirmed it. "Tamaki-kun" Sougo sat on his bed and looked at Tamaki with eyes full of concern.

"Iorin is upset. It's so obvious. Rikkun seems sick. They are so not happy. It makes everyone sad. I don't like it. Sou-chan, isn't there a way to solve this?"

Sougo sighed. "I wish there were an easy way." He was stressed since the atmosphere around the group became heavy. Even though it should have been none of their concerns, Riku was one of their friends and Iori's boyfriend. Sougo did not say anything more after that, but he had an idea. A risky idea he was willing to go through to save the whole group and Kujou Riku from misery.

"Everyone," After dinner, Sougo made an announcement. "Do we all agree that we want to help Kujou Riku-kun?"

An analytical look was shown on Iori's face. "Osaka-san, what are you trying to say?" Everyone else sat silently after the young centre's question, so Sougo continued.

"I have a plan. In order to ensure success, I will need you guys and TRIGGER to help." Sougo spoke as if he was presenting a new concept in an important meeting to a company. He even placed a document he prepared this afternoon on the table. "Because it will involve some or all of you, I want to make sure we all share the same opinion on Riku-kun's situation."

"I want everyone to be happy!" Nagi was the first to start. Yamato simply nodded along and added that he was happy to go with whatever plan Sougo put on the table. Actually, he was too lazy to go through the thick document. Iori was reading the document seriously, and he seemed satisfied with it. The student was more grateful that Sougo was willing to put it into action.

There was no need to ask Tamaki, the boy had already expressed his concern earlier. The only one left was Mitsuki, who had not spoken a single word.

"I can't understand him."

Mitsuki clenched his fist. His expression was almost scary.

"Nii-san..." Iori had a sad look on his face.

"But," Mitsuki kept his small smile to himself. "I want to be able to, and for that, I would need to have a long talk with Riku."

Yamato smiled after making eye contact with Mitsuki and nodding. I6 came to an agreement to commence the plan. Sougo excused himself to contact TRIGGER.