25: New Journey

-I6 Dorm-

"Iori sure is late."

Mitsuki sat at the dining table in the common area, feeling concerned and restless about why Iori had not been texting and updating him. The boy would always let him know if he was going to be late home.

The frown on his face was clear. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he did not know Yamato had taken a seat at the end of the table next to him with two cans of beer. "I'm sure Ichi is out there having some fun with his boyfriend."

Mitsuki jumped a little. "When did you-?! sigh Never mind. I don't know about that, Yamato-San. Their relationship seems quite rocky at the moment."

Yamato pushed the beer into Mitsuki's hands. "Drink up. Ichi of all people can take care of himself. But I think he won't be coming home tonight." Yamato started to smirk.

"My brother is too young to be doing that!" Mitsuki opened his beer can, took several gulps and shouted.

"Oh? Aren't you having a pretty wild imagination?" Yamato elbowed Mitsuki teasingly. "I didn't say anything about them having sex."

"YOU DIRTY MIND OSSAN!!!" Mitsuki accidentally spilt some of his beer on Yamato's clothes. "I JUST TOOK A BATH MITSU!!" He shouted back.

Also hanging in the living area near the TV, Tamaki whispered to Sougo. "Sou-chan, what are they on about?"

"Nothing important, Tamaki-kun. Hora, just enjoy your pudding." Sougo tried his best to distract the young boy from the adult conversation. Luckily, it worked. Good thing Nagi was in a bath, or it would have gotten even louder.

~~

Standing in front of the fountain in the middle of the night where Riku collapsed earlier, Iori took a full breath in and began to sing the Tamaki's part of 'Miss You...'.

Riku wanted to hear Iori sing it because when he heard it the first time. He could feel Iori was conveying the emotions through those lyrics. It made his hair stand on end when the boy's voice went straight to his heart.

He wanted to do the same thing.

Iori was drawn in by Riku's lovely voice. Riku's voice singing an emotional song sounded different from him singing Kujou Riku's songs. Not only that, tonight was special. Riku let his own body move naturally to the song.

He looked like a princess waiting for her Prince Charming to reach her.

For the first time, Iori witnessed Riku's true beauty. He saw the real Nanase Riku who wore his heart on his sleeves. Riku might have felt pretty hollowed out for only being able to taste and understand some negative emotions through that song. Regardless, the former idol thought of it as a new start to unlocking the puzzles surrounding his own heart.

Their voices blended in so well during the chorus that it seemed like the fountain was dancing to their melodies. The full moon was shining brightly for the renewed couple.

"You are... beautiful." Iori blurted those words out after they finished the song without realising it.

"E-Eh?" Riku actually blushed. Iori was not any better.

"I-I've never seen you express your emotions like that before." Iori looked straight into Riku's eyes. "It was wonderful."

Riku put his hands on his chest. Somehow, he was able to do it. "I think... it's because of Iori. I can't explain why, but I can understand why Iori was singing this song this evening. And I want to... respond to those feelings." Riku was getting fidgety like a girl who was ready for her crush to say a cool line.