31: My Life

Riku had once again become the hot topic. Soon after the very successful concert ended, people started posting about the solo idol's triumphant return. However, that was not the only topic on social media. There was heavy traffic of discussions, theories, and rumours about the change in Riku's surname. Most people were dying to know why he now shared the same surname as the famous TRIGGER's centre, Nanase Tenn.

Both Banri and Riku knew they had now begun a new chapter of their lives. They were going to be very busy, especially for the next few days. "Excellent work today, Riku-kun." Banri complimented the boy greatly while he was driving Riku back to his apartment after the concert. Riku was getting some oxygen from the portable bottle as he was exhausted. He was not thinking about anything much. Banri always made sure Riku was taken care of physically and mentally, so the boy felt he could relax despite feeling the tightness in his chest. Banri briefed the boy about his schedule so that Riku could get a full rest once they got to the apartment. "I'm afraid you won't get a day off tomorrow as you'll have to make an official debut announcement. Also, I've contacted Yaotome Productions about your surname change. They will let us know about a plan later." Riku nodded and said nothing more.

Otoharu was at I6 dorm when Tsumugi and the boys returned. "Great work, everyone. We'll have a dinner celebration here tomorrow evening. Of course, Riku-kun will be joining us as well. For now, get some good rest." The kind man beamed. He avoided extending his visit, so he soon left. As it was now nighttime, I6 had to go to bed soon. Yamato was the first to enter the bath. The others were waiting in the common area.

"Iori-kun," Sougo took a chair at the dining table and sat next to the young centre. "How are you feeling?" The question made everyone else except the oldest join the table as well.

Iori answered in a composed manner. "I'm glad our 'enemy' turned out to be Ku-, I mean, Nanase-san, but that doesn't improve our situation. That hopeless guy is unexpectedly a powerful performer who can attract attention to himself."

Even after saying that, Iori could not forget how Riku poured his heart out in singing 'Sennen Saki mo Zutto' which was clearly aimed at Iori. The high school boy's feelings betrayed his logic. He hoped that being in the same agency as his boyfriend would mean they could understand each other better by working together. More than anything, he was glad to see Riku becoming so 'alive'.

~~

Riku's debut with "Mr.AFFECTION" was broadcast all over Japan. The idol stood his ground and refused any questions about his surname change during the official announcement. It simply was not the time. After that was out of the way, Banri and Riku waited for the pre-arranged moving company to move Riku's stuff from the apartment to his new house. The two spent the afternoon unpacking. Luckily, Riku did not have a lot of things. Other than his medical supplies, the boy did not care about those that much. A few things he felt some attachment to were the small framed picture of him and Tenn, the keychain Iori got for him from Okinawa, and some merchandise he bought from the I6 concert.

With some downtime to himself in the evening, Riku sat on his bed, staring at the framed picture for a while.

Sometimes it's frustrating when I can recall the memories but can't feel anything...

"Riku-kun," Banri knocked on the open door to let the boy know it was time to head out. "Are you ready?"

...but that's okay.

Riku nodded, placed the picture back on the bedside table and got up. "Yes, manager."

I am still me, and with people around me, I'm sure to create more memories with them.

Riku followed Banri and got in his car. Before long, they arrived at I6's dorm, where a celebration was being held. Riku's heart was beating fast as he approached the door with Banri. "Ha... ha.."