12: Your Control

Everything will be alright.

I am here with you.

So you don't need to be afraid anymore, Kujou-san.

Kujou Riku suddenly sat up, woken from his slumber. He looked around in a panic. "W-where?" He found himself in his own bed. He recognised it because of the framed picture of his childhood beside him. It was already morning. The last thing he remembered was that he met TRIGGER in the soba shop. His Tenn-nii told him that their parents were dead.

"....!"

The wave of sadness, pain, happy memories and confusion came and hit him again. Kujou screamed. "AHHHHHH!" Riku grabbed his hair, digging his fingers onto his head like it was hurting. Soon, he heard footsteps. His bedroom door was opened and a dark-haired high school student appeared in front of him.

Iori rushed to sit on the edge of Riku's bed by his side. Riku buried his head in Iori's chest to cry. Iori put his arm over Riku's shoulder. "It's okay now, Kujou-san" Riku took a while to calm his running-wild feelings. Then he wondered how he got back home. "Iori, what happened?"

"I got a call from Tsunashi-san last night. According to TRIGGER, Nanase-san told you about your... family and then you started losing control." Iori started to explain. He did not want to go through the full details, but he had no choice. Kujou had to know.

Riku pulled himself away from Iori. "I lost control?" He was not sure what that meant. Nothing in his mind clicked.

"Both TRIGGER and I don't know what you were thinking or rather, feeling. Yaotome-san said you cried, then you started knocking things over. When Nanase-san tried to stop you, you..." Iori paused, hesitating to say the last bit of information.

"What is it?" Riku grew a little worried when Iori showed his sad look. "Iori, please tell me." He took Iori's hand and squeezed it.

"You hurt Nanase-san. Yaotome-san tried to stop you. He didn't know what to do so Ryuu suggested contacting me. I asked TRIGGER to leave so I could help you settle down more easily."

Iori thought about last night. There was much confusion in Ryuu's voice over the phone. When he entered the soba shop, cups were on the floor. Two chairs seemed like they were thrown out of place. Then he looked at the corner and saw Gaku sitting down on the floor pulling the heavily breathing Riku's body, stopping him from lunging forward. Ryuu brought some ice from the kitchen to Tenn who was cupping his face in pain while still eyeing Riku sympathetically. Iori quickly ran over to Riku's side and Riku did not waste a second to pull Iori's body in. Riku was weeping loudly. To be cautious, Iori then asked TRIGGER to leave. He noticed Riku's emotions tend to surface when people around him were involved.

Riku was exhausted by the time he calmed down enough to walk home with Iori. Iori was holding Kujou's arm and patting his back the entire time while also making sure his breathing was in control.

Iori felt guilty thinking about the fact that Kujou texted him earlier that night. He should have stopped and made time for anxious Kujou. Perhaps it could have made the situation a little better.

Riku was in shock. "I-I hurt Tenn-nii?!?" He coughed. "No, I..."

Iori noticed Riku started having the pained face again so Iori leaned in closer and rubbed Riku's back. "Calm down, Kujou-san. He got bruises on his arm and face but...they can be covered with makeup."

I-I hurt Tenn-nii again... "Iori, just what's wrong with me? One minute I feel angry, the next I am terrified, then... then..." Riku panicked and started to hyperventilate. Iori grabbed Riku's shoulders lightly, telling him to breathe slowly.