19: Desperation

"Gaku, did Riku go back home?"

TRIGGER's centre turned around to face the leader when the three exited the hospital after knowing Iori was safe. Tenn asked Gaku knowing he was backstage at the time the accident happened.

"His manager pulled him away," Gaku recalled the scene. "I don't like how she treated him."

Tenn put his fingers on his chin to think. "I thought he would have come to check on Izumi by now..." He nodded to accept Gaku's answer and notified that he would text the boy later. Each member then went their separate ways.

~~

Even when he was given a painkiller, Iori kept getting a throbbing headache. Two days had passed since he got into an accident. I6, Tsumugi, Banri, and Otoharu visited him yesterday, wishing for him to get well soon. The doctor said he may need to spend up to two weeks in the hospital.

Iori had not checked his phone. He did not feel well enough to, but he knew he had not gotten a phone call ever since he regained his consciousness, and honestly, he felt a mixture of disappointment, anger, and worry. He wondered why Riku hadn't called him. No group members mentioned anything about Riku so he must be fine, right?

The next day, Riku returned to the entertainment business. When he was asked about the accident, he simply said it was tragic and he hoped I6's centre could make a full recovery soon. However, his face showed no emotion on that topic whatsoever. Iori could not help but cry quietly when he was alone after he saw the broadcast.

Riku was made to live in his insane father's house with someone guarding him 24/7. His phone was destroyed by Takamasa and he had no access to other devices capable of using the internet or contacting people. At work, his manager never left him alone. Whenever Riku tried to defy his cold manager's orders, she shut him up by threatening him with Tenn's safety. At Kujou's house, his guard threatened to hurt him if he showed any emotion.

Riku was an animal working for a circus.

TRIGGER went to visit Iori the day after Riku's return. When Iori saw the faces of the three, he frowned. Something did not feel quite right. Ryuu smiled drily. Gaku had that glare that was more fierce than usual. Tenn's voice had a slight hint of shakiness when he greeted Iori.

"Are you feeling better, Iori-kun?" Ryuu asked while Tenn went to replace the flowers in the vase with new ones.

"Yes, Tsunashi-san, thank you for your concern." Iori still had a wave of headache and dizziness every so often, but he was definitely doing better than a few days before. The heavy atmosphere was crushing the student, so he decided to ask. "I don't mean to be rude when you are visiting, but why do you all look so troubled."

Ryuu and Gaku looked at each other, not sure how to begin. Tenn sighed and grabbed a chair to sit by Iori's bedside. "Has Riku come here?" He asked and when Iori answered with a no, his eyes widened in surprise.

"That brat," Gaku tightened his fist. "The hell is he up to?"

"None of us heard from Riku-kun. We all tried contacting him." Ryuu said with a worried face.

Iori had the same face TRIGGER had now. He grew even more anxious when Gaku told the boy about the last time he saw the redhead.

"Sorry, Izumi Iori." Tenn apologised genuinely. Gaku then added. "Focus on getting better first. We will see if any of us can approach him at work."

"It's fine." Iori thanked Tenn for getting help for him and thanked TRIGGER for informing him about Riku as he would rather know the truth. How come he is not answering his twin's texts? He hasn't called any of us.