08: Tomorrow Will Be Better

TRIGGER had to be in the hospital for one night to make sure they really were alright. As soon as they were discharged, they headed to the Yaotome Productions office.

"Old man, what happened to the IDOLiSH6 show?" Gaku rushed in, expecting an answer from Sousuke.

"Has someone sent something to them as an apology?" Tenn added. Ryuu was panting from running after the two.

Anesagi said she had made preparations and as for the show...

"Why don't you go see for yourself, idiot son." Sousuke answered and gave TRIGGER the recording. The three left for the nearest room with a TV right away.

As soon as Kujou Riku appeared, Gaku's mouth dropped. Tenn and Ryuu both couldn't believe what they were seeing. They were even more shocked to see the performance of "Perfection Gimmick".

"It's like he's a member of I6." Ryuu was amazed by how good the performance was. TRIGGER realised Kujou and I6 only had a little time to practise together since they got into an unexpected car accident that morning.

Tenn's eyes were glued to the TV. For the first time in years, he saw Riku smile. It might not have been as bright as it used to be when they were kids, but it was genuine. "That's Riku...!" He spoke out loud. "That's the real him!" Tenn could hardly stand it when people talked about his lovely brother as 'the demon idol'.

"I thought you were just being a brocon. Now that I see him perform like this, he does suit your definition of sweet." Gaku spoke.

"I need to talk to him." Tenn stated the obvious. The boy looked like he wanted to rush out of the room and somehow run to Riku.

"Yes, we know." Gaku ruffled Tenn's hair. "We can catch him at Sound Ship."

Kujou, this time I will make it so that you won't even think about hurting Tenn. Gaku still got angry every time he recalls Tenn's, no, TRIGGER's suffering from that day.

~~

"Kujou!"

Riku's manager stormed into Riku's house as soon as Riku opened the door. She slapped Riku in the face. "What is the meaning of this!?! You DARED accept the job without my approval?!?"

Riku looked at his manager with emotionless eyes. He had a plan. "Father instructed me to do so."

"Kujou-sama?! That can't be...!" The manager could not hide her surprised face.

"Do you doubt my father?" Riku gave the manager his coldest stare. She went completely silent.

Riku knew how much his icy-cold manager feared his father. She would never, ever question him if he said he got direct orders from Kujou Takamasa. His father would obviously be against Riku going on another idol's show, but if his popularity got a sudden increase, his father would not punish him. To Riku's luck, the show was a great success. The social media and fan sites were filled with discussions about Riku and I6.

Kujou Takamasa is a cunning man. Only his son is even more cunning. In fact, Riku called his father the night he took the job and spoke as if it was a strategic move. Kujou praised Riku for doing so but insisted that he did not do this often. Meaning Riku was safe for now. Of course, he could still contact Iori secretly since no one messes with his mobile. Although he hoped he did not have to see I6 at work, or he would have to be the usual 'demon idol'.

I have to tread carefully for now and listen to manager's words. I6 and I are gaining popularity. There is no way I can avoid seeing them. I still want to keep in contact with Iori, but I think it's best not to do that for the time being.