09: Reunion

The boy with a slightly pale face walked towards the stage with his manager. Kujou tried his best to steady his breathing. He was used to it. He could perform a song with that level of trouble. Not that it was recommended.

The two went backstage to find I6 and TRIGGER were already there. Riku forced himself not to look at them and only focused his sight on the entrance to the stage. Both TRIGGER and I6 decided not to say anything to avoid conflicts. Plus, both Tenn and Iori knew Riku was unwell just by looking.

Riku, no! If you perform in that condition...! Tenn thought and tightened his fist. Ryuu and Gaku squeezed Tenn's shoulder to help him relax, even though they didn't know what was going on.

Kujou-san...! He doesn't look well. Surely his manager notices and yet...! The high school student was angry but knew he couldn't cause a commotion.

"Eyes on me, everyone!" Kujou Riku shouted as soon as he stepped on stage. There, he performed his newest hit song. The whole room was filled with screams and cheers as Riku jumped and showed off his tricky dance moves. His performance kept its full angst and power - the only Kujou Riku's image fans were allowed to see.

"I hate to say it. His show is great." Gaku and Ryuu couldn't take their eyes off the stage. Tenn felt like someone had punched him in the gut every time Riku moved with such intensity. I6 were cheering from backstage, except for Iori, who sat quietly feeling conflicted.

Tenn looked around, and his eyes happened to meet with Iori. They both had serious looks on their faces.

Izumi Iori... you know something.

~~

Riku exited the stage, breathing heavily and went straight to the dressing room with his manager. TRIGGER didn't have time to be concerned as they were called on stage right away. Iori also thought he had to focus on I6 performance first.

The cheers of the fans were the loudest once TRIGGER appeared on the stage. It became even louder as the trio danced, selling all their attractiveness.

TRIGGER high-fived with I6 as they walked out. Tenn wanted to go see Riku right away, but Ryuu reminded him they had to wait to make sure his manager left first. TRIGGER rehydrated themselves, then went to hide near Riku's prep room. They wished they could watch I6 perform at that moment. Then again, the three prioritised a family situation.

~~

"Looks like you'll be fine. Great performance, Kujou. Don't forget you have a magazine photo shoot tomorrow at 3 PM. " With that, Riku's manager left the room.

Riku's breathing was a lot more steady after getting his medications and oxygen. Somehow, he still felt a little dizzy and tired. This is weird...? I thought I got better. Why is everything getting blurry?

"That's our cue!" As soon as TRIGGER saw the manager leave, they walked towards the door. I6's happy music could be heard all the way here. They were still on the stage, bringing entertainment to the fans.

Tenn knocked on the door three times. "Kujou-san, do you have a moment?" Tenn spoke carefully in case some people were nearby.

There was no answer.

Tenn knocked again. "Kujou-san?" He shouted. Once again, no answer. Tenn started to panic. His lungs...! He decided to twist the doorknob and let himself in, along with Gaku and Ryuu.

It was like that day Iori met Riku. Medications were everywhere on the table. Except Kujou wasn't crying, he was sitting on a chair, having a bad coughing fit.

"Riku!" Tenn slammed the door shut and rushed it. "Where's your inhaler?!"

Riku showed Tenn he had an inhaler in his hand. "Not... working." Riku forced the words out.