17: Officially 'Us'

The big live event, Friends Day, was coming up very soon and the three idol groups had been practising hard together.

Tenn stood on his house balcony, staring at the starless night sky. Even though he had been practising 'Furefure! Seishun Sanka' together with Iori and Riku, he was not able to talk to his younger twin brother properly. The air turned awkward every time he started a topic as emotionless Riku would only answer with a single word or sentence. He noticed Iori and Riku did not talk much during those times either. Seriously, how does their relationship work? Do they talk more in private?

How can I get Riku to talk to me?

"Tenn."

Gaku suddenly slid the glass door open and startled Tenn by calling his name. "Warm milk with honey is ready. Come in." He demanded and so Tenn went back in to sit on a couch. The whole room was silent. Gaku did not turn on the TV. That was unusual.

"When are you going to tell me what's bothering you?" Gaku went and sat next to Tenn. As tactless as he was, Gaku still noticed when Tenn's eyes became slightly swollen on the first day they practised together with I6 and Riku. Plus, Tenn had been way too quiet for the past week. It was easy for Gaku to notice something was not quite right. Tenn denied it at first, but later gave in to Gaku's stubbornness.

Gaku rested his back on the couch as he listened to Tenn describe what happened and how he felt during practices. Touching his forehead like it was hurting, Gaku sighed. "You called me tactless but you told Kujou to stop singing? Brat, you're just as bad as me-OWWW!" Gaku cried out in pain when he felt his foot was being crushed by Tenn stomping on it.

"Look, brat. Your little brother is normally awkward as hell. Now you went and said something like that to him, sure, he's gonna be even more hopeless." Gaku pulled his foot away and kept talking. "Buy him something he likes and make up!" Well, Gaku found that if he made Tenn angry, buying a fancy slice of cake for Tenn always worked. He knew of no other effective methods.

After that, Tenn made a note to buy some chocolate for Riku if another attempt to talk to him was not successful. He chased Gaku away to get a bath, saying the guy was too sweaty when he actually was not. They fought for a while before Gaku finally got into the bathtub. The leader was humming 'Shiawase de ite' and relaxing in a nice steamy hot water when suddenly a door was flung open.

"Fwah! The hell Tenn?!?"

TRIGGER's centre Nanase Tenn walked in, locked the door and stripped himself naked. "Don't move, Gaku." He ordered.

"No! What the f*@# do you think you are doing?!? Oi! There's no ro-" Gaku shouted frantically when Tenn walked closer and threw his leg in the water.

Tenn entered the bath, with his body on top of Gaku. "There's PLENTY of room here <3"

~~

"Nanase-san, do you have a moment?"

Iori caught Tenn just before he entered the three's practice room. Riku was already inside. "Yes, Izumi, what is it?" With his stern face, the high school student spoke. "Did you perhaps have a fight with Kujou-san?"

Tenn froze. Bingo. Iori got his answer. Not just that, Iori added. "It happened around a week ago, right?" Another bingo. Tenn was at a loss for words. When Tenn asked how Iori noticed, the younger boy sighed.

"It's pretty obvious. Kujou-san is normally more carefree around you. Now he's just stiff."

"I said something I shouldn't have to him." Tenn left out the details, knowing Iori would probably be furious knowing what he said to his date. Even Gaku thought Tenn was stupid for once.