11: Confusion

Gaku froze on the spot with two bowls of soba in his hands. "Izumi Otouto... and Kujou Riku?!?" Gaku had to take a second to confirm it was Riku in that disguise, but Iori had spoken his name just now, so it was definitely the demon idol.

Normally when someone recognised Yaotome Gaku at the soba shop, he would brush it off and say "Nah, I'm not as handsome as him". This time he totally forgot about it, especially when one of the guys in front of him was Kujou Riku.

"Enjoy your food." Gaku set down the bowls. It was still his job. He could not disturb customers, but he definitely would not let them leave after they were done.

When the two were full, Gaku came to sit with them. He was ready. Ready to fight with Kujou until he could arrange for the guy to meet with Tenn. The tension between TRIGGER's leader and the solo idol was high. Gaku didn't like him one bit. He was only doing this because of Tenn. "I see you have recovered, Kujou Riku."

Riku thought there was no point in being the 'demon idol' here. Plus, he owed TRIGGER for saving him. "I thank you and I am sorry for putting you through the trouble, Yaotome-san."

Gaku's eyes went wide. He was not expecting Kujou to be polite. Then a rush of anger surged through him when he thought about that time at Music Festa.

"Do you realise how much Tenn was worried about you? And look what you did to him. You hurt him." Gaku tried hard to keep his anger in check and conveyed it through words. What made Gaku cool down a little was when Riku got up from his chair and bowed deeply. "I apologise for hurting TRIGGER. And I wish to say that to Tenn-nii as well."

Tenn-nii? This guy, is he just acting..? Gaku directed his gaze to Iori instead. Izumi Otouto is hanging out with him though. Just what the hell is going on? Iori realised Gaku was searching for answers so he decided to speak. "He is sincere, Yaotome-san." Iori was about to explain Riku's messed up emotions. He was stopped by Riku trying to do it himself for the first time ever.

Riku took off his contact lenses, revealing his dead red eyes. "I... can't really feel, Yaotome-san." He took a pause. "I do what I need to do on stage and I am told to not associate with other idols." Gaku would not believe it if Riku's eyes were not looking so blank.

"....seriously?" Gaku wasn't sure how he should respond. A guy who can't feel? That's just messed up! Gaku's anger turned into astonishment. He could not possibly get angry at a doll. Gaku just wanted one last confirmation.

"Tenn and I sleep together almost every night."

Iori's face immediately turned pink. "Fwah?!!" Kujou just sat still. He blinked and tilted his head. "What are you trying to say, Yaotome-san?"

Gaku facepalmed hard. You've got to be kidding me. TRIGGER leader blurted out his private information (yes, it was true) to get some reactions out of Riku. Most people would be like Iori, but Riku was Tenn's twin brother. He expected more dramatic reactions. He had confirmed it. This sad man in front of him was real.

"It's impressive that you can hang out with him, Izumi Otouto." Gaku turned to Iori. Iori was relieved that Gaku had come to understand more about Riku.

"Honestly, Kujou-san really is hopeless. I can't just leave him like that." Iori teased Riku. Obviously, Riku did not understand what was going on.

"I'll make this clear," Gaku got serious once again. "Tenn has been desperately wanting to talk to you for a long time, so next week, come to this shop around closing time again. Got it?"

"Understood." Riku replied like when he got orders from his manager or his father.

"Good, see you next week then."