The Beginning _2: Zeus

It wasn't soon when her gentle and soft voice begins to fill the sky as the dusk fades away.
Her voice is truly the muse of all muses. It shakes your very core and you can't help but close your eyes. Truly what a beautiful sight to behold, with her, the darkness is never something to fear. Her songs settle deep within your soul, making it feel at peace, but it  an be annoying as well, because it reaches your deepest emotions and bring them forth. "You know I do not approve of this, fascination, husband, you defy me yet again, but this time only with one of my closest friends."
My lovely wife joins me on the balcony as we view Selene's work. The stars shine brightly as they danced to make constellations.
"But for the fondness I hold for her, I cannot find it in my heart to punish her. She is mearly one of your victims, which angers me dearly, husband. I know woman nor goddess can withstand your develish charm. Hell not even men or gods." She spouts, her anger flaring up.
I lift her chin gently to look her in the eyes. I can see her pain and suffering, I have caused that feelings. Ashamed, that is how I feel. "Yet my darling wife, you are still my wife and the goddess of all goddesses. What I feel for you is pure love, which no other woman nor goddess will ever receive from me, my dear." I give her a kiss on the forehead. She smiles brightly at me, her smile is as radiant as ever. I do truly love her. I know I am not the best husband a woman could ask for, but I really love her, my Hera. I could never part from her.
I kiss her slightly on the lips, and then again and again.
I picked her up and made my way to the bedroom and threw her on the bed. Her cheeks rosy red and lips slightly parter.
"Let me love you, my wife."
The sun rises and I see Hera getting up from the bed, her peacock tattoo on her back is on full display.

"Selene is due any day now, you should fetch her for so I can prep for the childs birth

"Selene is due any day now, you should fetch her for so I can prep for the childs birth."
I have much respect for my wife, taking care of her husbands bastart child. "I will do so, darling wife." She looks over her shoulder at me.
"How much longer must you break me, Zeus?"
I look away from her, how could I give an answer?
"I see." She says and walks out, the doors shutting with thunder.
What a pitiful man I am.

I find Selene, sitting in her hammock, humming peacefully while stroking her belly. She does that often these days.
Her silver, white curls hangs loosely to the ground and in the right light it sparkles like the night sky. Her purple eyes looks so amazing, you can get lost in them.  "Darling Selene,..."
"Sshhh.." she puts her finger on her mouth, telling me to keep quiet. I come closer to see what she is doing. She is staring into her pond, I can see a man and woman stroling along a river, it looks like they are deeply in love.  She touches the water and begins to stir it calmy as the water begins to glow while she whispers in our greek language. "Do not interfere with my work Lord Zeus, you know well my work is most effective at night." The couple starts kissing and Selene smiles.
She looks over at me, "Sometimes love needs a little boost." It is truly a pleasure to see her work her goddess magic. "What do you seek of me, Zeus?" Her expression is stone cold, I cannot blame her. Her mood depends on the cycle of the moon and right now its a new moon, which means her mood is at her worst. You don't want to cross her at any time then.  "It's time to retire to the maternity ward to prepare for the birth of our child."  Her hands cradled her stomach. She was really huge now and she would give birth any day now. "I guess it is that time. This must feel very normal to you, childbirth?" Why do I feel like I need to run.
"I, well I suppose it does, but it does not make it any less stressful Selene, especially with you." Her glare was cold and hard. "Especially with me?"
I forgot at night around Selene, you can't really hide the truth or lie about your taughts. "Ah, I, it's just you are really special to me oky."
She eyes me dangerously and starts to walk to her personal garden. It is filled with faye creatures and flowers you've never seen before, it can only be found in her own garden.
"How is Hera?" It struck a cord with me. I made two best friends alienate themselves and it was all because of me. "She's doing well, Aphrodite seems to pester her alot these days."
I could see a small smile making its way apon her face, you see, Aphrodite and Hera are not really the best of friens. But Selene's smile was more sad then happy. "I see."
The silence consumes us, I didn't know what I should say. "We must be off then, this baby is not going to wait for me."
"Selene I..." I wanted to apologize, but I couldn't get myself to say it. How could I say sorry for creating a child with her. I would be rejecting them. "Zeus, you are wasting my time, let's go." I didn't try any further and escorted het to the maternity ward. I prayed that every thing would go well with her birth.
"Yes Selene."

🌸🌸🌸