The Birth Of A Goddess_4: Hera

I know I am known for punishing Zeus lovers, but I cannot do that to Selene. I see her lying weak in the bed, my poor Selene. One of my best friends and confidants.
Her heart is pure like the moon and I love her soo much.
She is sweating more and more, her hair wet, her time is near.
"Is the little pumpkin born yet!?" Helios and Eos arrive, surely to stand by when their sister gives birth.
They immediately joined her side, holding her hands.
Zeus may not enter the chamber, it has always been like that no matter who you are. That is how the child will recieve it's godly duty, with all the gods present in the room and a father may not be present in fear that they might overthrow their father for dominance, especially when it comes to my brothers Zeus, Posiodon and Hades.
"Not yet Helios, but she is close." Just then Selene screams and I rush to her aid. She's so pale and her clothes are soaked.
As she screams the day turns instantly to night. Swirling dark clouds circle above us, giving a mix of stars and clouds, a beautiful sight to behold white the lightning strikes.
"Hera, I can't!" Selene grows more pale than her usual complexion. Aqua purple tears is falling from her eyes as she looks at me. "Selene, listen dear, keep pushing. You are doing just fine."
The screams continue for one day or rather 24 hours of night time. "Almost there Selene, just one more push!" Eileityia is so much help, bless my angel's soul.

With one last scream, white light begins to shine from her body and is getting more brighter and atlast, the child is born. The screams filling the room with joy and relief.
Eileityia gently folds the baby in blankets and gives the baby to Selene. "Congratulations, it's a girl." Selene holds her child, she can't help but smile. A smile all mothers wear when seeing their child for the first time. "What shall you name her dear?" She looks at me and then to her child as she stroke her cheeks. "Pandeia, her name shall be Pandeia." The child was absolutely beautiful, she had Selene's eyes. I instantly know that I will love this child so much. How could I ever hate this child?
"She's perfect Selene, you did good." She gives a weak smile, her eyes never leaving her child.
"Rest now, I'll go get Zeus."
I leave the room to fetch Zeus.

Outside he is waiting patiently for the arrival of his new child, he was pacing back and forth, so maybe patiently was not the right word. The last time I saw him this worried was when I had Ares.
"Zeus." He immediately looks up and rushes to me.
"How is she Hera? And my child?" He asked, holding my shoulders. I couldn't look him in the eyes, my heart so broken for that right now.
"Congratulations, Lord Zeus, it's a girl. Her name is Pandeia." He smiles no doubt he is proud of his new daughter.
"Zeus, for the love I have for Selene, I will spare her and your child, but make no mistake you shall pay for this." He nods in understanding while entering the room, leaving me outside. I cannot witness the look on his face when he sees them.
The last thing I see is Zeus rushing to Selene as he embraced Selene and his new daughter.

I look up to the starts, it seems to be dancing in joy with the birth of a new goddess, and in the stars it is written.
"The son of Cronos, Zeus, was joined with Selene in love and bare and gave birth to the goddess Pandeia, the all bright. Goddess of storms, stars and youth."
This will be the first time that a child inherent one of Zeus's powers and I don't know if it was good or bad. I just know that I could never hate that little bundle of purple eyes and neither would Zeus.
Zeus's laughter spills out of the room and I sigh.
He was joined with Selene in love.
"I told you he feels more for Selene than purely sexual attraction, Hera." I roll my eyes at Aphrodite, who seems to be pestering me alot more often these days.
"And what is it to you, Aphrodite? He's not your husband." She smriked, "No, but I am the Goddess of sexual love and beauty."
"Just leave me be Aphrodite."
She did not leave, but instead hugged me from behind, her hands dangerously traveling to where she should not.
"Give into your own sexual desires Hera." She whispered and then disappeared.
Silly Aphrodite.

🌸🌸🌸

Poor Hera, do you think she has more feelings for Selene than she let's on?

Baby Pandeia is finally born!