Chapter 12

Amber was working on a new song in her journal, sitting at the kitchen table that Friday afternoon when she heard someone knock on the door. She stood to go answer it but the knock turned into a constant beating on the door.

"Excuse you" Amber said opening the door.

"I'm sorry, is Jayce Taylor here" A little girl asked and a car sped off quickly.

"Not right now, sweetheart what are you doing here by yourself and where are your parents?"

"My mommy left, she said I have to live with my daddy now" Amber motioned for her to come in and closed the door behind her.

"And where is he?"

"I don't know?"

"What are your parents names?"

"My mommy is Danielle Kidman and my daddy is Jayce Taylor"

"Your mother told you this"

"Yes ma'am" It wasn't until then that Amber realized the child had her bags with her and her hair was a mess.

"Why would your mother just drop you off like this" She shrugged.

"I'm sorry honey, what's your name?"

"Layla Nicole Taylor"

"Hi Layla, I'm Amber. How old are you?"

"7"

"And your supposed to be Jayceon's kid?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Alright, you don't look too fresh so I'm gonna run you a bath and do your hair for you"

"Really?"

"Yes"

"Mommy says baths run up her bills" Amber looked at her like she grew twelve heads.

"So you don't bathe?"

"Not all the time that's why people don't like me at school, they call me stinky"

"Uh uh baby, whoever your mother is need her ass beat excuse my language. Go on in that bathroom and I'll help wash you up okay"

"Yes ma'am" She did as told and Amber felt bad for the girl. How is her mother just going to drop her off somewhere and leave, this is why some people don't need to be parents. She wanted to help the girl because she looked rough, her clothes were too big on her and her hair was in a loose ponytail, she had torn shoes on her feet and it just broke her heart she looked homeless. Amber walked into the bathroom and began her bubble bath, when Layla took off her clothes she was covered in bruises.

"Your mother did this too you?"

"Yes and her boyfriend" Amber shook her head in disappointment as she put her in the tub and washed her up and washed and conditioned her hair. She got her dressed in some of Tokyo's nieces clothes cause she's kept her before and she was supposed to be co-babysitting today at Amber house.

 She got her dressed in some of Tokyo's nieces clothes cause she's kept her before and she was supposed to be co-babysitting today at Amber house