Chapter 21

"Daddy you coming to my performance?"

"Yes baby"

"But your at work" she pouted.

"I'm going to leave early to come see you"

"Promise?"

"I promise"

"Okay"

"I love you princess"

"Love you too daddy" Layla hung up Ambers phone.

"You look beautiful baby" Amber had pinned Laylas hair into a ballerina bun.

"You like my uniform?"

"Yes I do" She was wearing white Adidas which was their preferred shoe, a black and white flannel shirt, a black vest and black leggings. Her and her dance group had a performance at the convention center, they were dancing to two songs along with another group.

 Her and her dance group had a performance at the convention center, they were dancing to two songs along with another group

"I hope daddy makes it, he's always working"

"I know princess, I promise he's going to make it because if he doesn't he's going to have to deal with me" Layla high fived Amber and laughed.

"That's right"

"Now lets put a little makeup on you"

"Like what?" Layla reared back and Amber laughed at her reaction.

"Nothing major baby because I don't wear half that stuff either"

"Okay" Amber sat her at her vanity and applied light blush and lip gloss to her lips because she refused to wear lipstick.

"Alright lets get going we don't want you to be the last dancer there"

"Thank you mommy"

"Your welcome babygirl" they walked out of the house, Amber locked it up before helping Layla into the backseat and securing the seat belt.

"Mommy can we go out to eat tonight"

"Of course, where do you want to go?"

"Texas Roadhouse"

"Okay, we'll go there" Amber stopped at a tropical smoothie place and ordered her and her daughter something because Layla wanted to stop at the gas station and get a soda but Amber went the healthy route.

They pulled up to the convention center, Amber hugged Layla and kissed her cheek for good luck.

"Your gonna do so good out there"

"Thank you mama"

"Your welcome baby" Amber walked into their performance hall and she was excited to see all of her friends were there.

"Damn bitch we was about to come looking for your ass" Supa said.

"I was making Layla all pretty before her performance"