Chapter 24

Amber and Layla walked into the mansion and saw Ms Hannah cooking.

"Hello Ms Hannah" Amber greeted the older woman with a hug and she returned the sentiment.

"Hi Ms Hannah" Layla hugged her as well.

"Hi sweetheart"

"Where is Nana?"

"Upstairs, she can't wait to see you" Layla smiled brightly and ran up the steps.

"You two staying for dinner?"

"No ma'am, mama wanted to talk to me and Layla loves being around her grandmother so we're just stopping by"

"Alright honey, let me get back to cooking"

"Yes ma'am" Amber walked up the stairs and went towards Jayce's parents room. She walked in the room and saw Andrea fixing her makeup in the mirror while Layla babbled on about her day to her grandmother.

"Were having a big Valentine's day party and mommy bought me cookies so I can hand them out to my classmates"

"Did you make Valentine's day cards?"

"Yes, I made you one too but you have to wait until Valentine's day"

"Okay baby"

"Is grandpa Eli your Valentine's?"

"Yes, who's your Valentine's?" Andrea put her makeup down because she was finished and faced her granddaughter.

"Mommy said I'm hers, but then daddy doesn't have a Valentine's"

"I think mommy is his"

"He's giving mommy something?"

"Yes, but it's a secret"

"I wanna know"

"You will find out soon puddin"

"Okay"

"Where is your mommy?" Layla looked around and smiled when she saw Amber standing in the door frame, she ran towards her and grabbed her hand.

"There she is"

"Hey princess" Layla led her to Andrea.

"Mommy grandma wants you"

"I know"

"Lay lay, I want you to go down the hall and bug your grandpa for some of his famous cookies" her eyes lit up.

"Cookies!" She ran out of the room in excitement.

"So what's up?" Amber asked and Andrea closed the door behind Layla.

"Well, as you know me and my husband are getting older and soon he's going to leave our family business to Jayceon"

"... I figured that would happen"

"We were going to leave it to Juliet and Jayce, but Juliet can no longer be trusted" Amber nodded.

"Are you really down for him like he claims because this business is no joke. I've been shot in a drive by before, but I couldn't just tap out and just go home I'm in that shit no turning back"

"You've been shot before" Amber gasped in shock.

"Yes"

"I'm telling you this because I need someone to have his back, you know be by his side no matter what. I need you to have his back like I have my husband's back"

"Okay"

"Can I trust you to do that?"

"Yes"

"I know your acting and singing but I'm letting you know this now because me and Elijah have talked about stepping down for a while now and if you two are going to be together you have to realize what he's doing and the things he might go through. Elijah has trained Jayce and I partially trained Juliet, but now I can't trust her to reign beside her brother, so..."