Chapter 13

"Ms Amber, where did Mr Jayceon go?"

"He went to go get the papers that tell us whether or not your Jayceon's kid"

"Am I not"

"We don't know yet"

"When will he come back"

"He should be back any minute now, but go ahead and brush your teeth"

"Okay" She walked into the guest room and pulled out and outfit for her, they had went clothes shopping the other day and got her a new wardrobe. People would usually wonder why she would go out and spend all this money on a kid she doesn't even know is there's, but she felt the need and want to help this kid.

"Ms Amber, I need help making my bath water"

"Okay, here I come" Amber created her bubble bath and helped her wash her hair before going down stairs to make breakfast.

"Honey I'm home"

"Dear I'm in the kitchen"

"Hello beautiful" He kissed her cheek and wrapped his arms around her waist after placing the Manila folder down on the counter, Amber realized that it was opened.

"So what's the verdict?"

"Well... "

"She's not yours is she, I should've known that it was too good to be true-"

"Amber calm down, there is a good thing her last name is already Taylor cause now we don't have to get it changed"

"... Wait, she's yours?" Amber turned in his arms.

"Yes she is" Amber screamed and jumped in his arms.

"That's a good thing right?" Amber asked in shock.

"Yes, that's a good thing" He sat her to sit on top of the counter and pressed a kiss to her lips.

"This means you can finally redecorate the guest she's been staying in and you can go buy her everything she needs to be comfortable living here" Amber squealed all too happy. To some they'd wonder why she was so happy because her and Jayce aren't married, but she felt like she could fall in love with this little girl and she didn't want to lose what they already had. Amber knew her and Jayce could last and if so, Layla will be her stepdaughter.

"Your so excited to be a mother"

"Step mother" She corrected him and he helped her down from the counter. She turned off the food and started putting it on two plates.

"How are we going to find her, the way she sped off the other day it was like she was about to skip town"

"I found her number"

"How?"

"Don't worry about that, I got her number and I didn't call her yet I wanted us to both be there"

"Okay, well call her"

"Ms Amber can you do my hair now, I'm done in the tub" Layla said rounding the corner.