Chapter 30

Amber pulled out her phone immediately and called 911, this was surreal she was just fine a few minutes ago. Jayce looked all around the room and couldn't see anything out of place.

"It doesn't look like she shot or stabbed herself I don't see no gun, nor did we hear one... Do y'all know if someone was up here?"

"No"

"Y'all sure you didn't hear anything?"

"Yes daddy" Layla was crying even harder.

"What the hell happened" Jayce was confused.

"An ambulance is on the way" Amber announced.

"Take them to Layla's room" she nodded ushering them out of the room. Amber didn't know what to think, she knew Danielle couldn't have killed herself. So who would want Danielle dead? Was the question she couldn't answer.

"Mommy what happened"

"Baby mommy doesn't know"

"But my mom is bleeding... A lot"

"Why were you in your mom's room Lay?"

"I just wanted to show her the dance me and Kenya just posted and she was laying on the floor" Amber sat on Layla's bed and she lifted Layla up and placed her in her lap.

"Are you sure you heard nothing else"

"My music was really loud I couldn't hear anything, I'm sorry"

"It's not your fault" Kenya sat next Amber and laid her head on her arm, the girl seemed traumatized. She worked diligently to calm them down and make everything better, she didn't want the two girls to have to go to therapy.

"Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"Is she going to die?"

"... I don't know Layla" Amber could hear an ambulance in the distance, she kmew it was for her house cause it got closer and closer. In no time she could hear the EMT's and some police officers come up the stairs and enter Danielle's room. Amber didn't leave the room, she countinued to stay with the girls until the cried theirselves to sleep. Amber walked out the room after putting them to bed and went to find Jayce. He was sitting in his office with his head in his hands, Amber frowned and walked towards him, she walked behind his chair and started to slowly knead his shoulders. He let out a groan of frurstration, she knew this was stressing him out so she decided to contiue with the massage and she wouldn't speak until he spoke first. It was a moment of silence before he spoke.

"The EMT said she had a very faint pulse, she was stabbed... Twice"

"Oh wow" this was crazy, she didn't know who Danielle could anger so much that they'd try to kill her.

"The police said the most likely scenario was that someone must have been in the house already and waited until she got back before stabbing her"

"Who though?" She moved her hands to the back of his neck.

"I don't know, but the only person I can think of is Shawn"

"Shawn? how would he get in here"

"I don't know, but I want you to go up to the hospital and find out what's going on"

"Okay, I guess I can claim to be her cousin or something"

"Thank you" he leaned back in his chair looking at Amber, she looked down at him and smiled before kissing him on the lips.

"The kids cried theirselves to sleep, I think I'm going to call Kenya's mom and tell her what's going on and that she might want to be the one to comfort her daughter"