Chapter 16

"Where did you two go" Jayce asked as soon as Amber and Layla walked through the door.

"Well if you must know, we went to a dance class"

"You want to dance now" Jayce asked Layla.

"Yes"

"It's a really competitive class and it's every weekend and every Monday and Wednesday after school"

"So you got in, just like that?"

"Yes"

"Is it a lot of kids?"

"Just 10 right now, their still recruiting"

"Well go upstairs and get ready to meet your grandparents"

"Okay daddy" Layla walked up the stairs and into her room.

"So, where is Juliet"

"Back at her and Chris's apartment about to make this dinner a shit show"

"Is he coming"

"I don't know,  but I told her if she wasn't ready for Chris to die to leave him at the apartment"

"How do you feel about her coming back"

"I don't know, I have mixed feelings. I live my sister and all, but she did just up and leave like we didn't matter at all to her"

"Do you think you could ever just forgive and forget"

"I'd have to really think hard on that because at the end of the day she still betrayed us"

"That she did, but she's still your sister and she's back, do you really want to spend these moments arguing"

"... Amber, this is a hard ass decision"

"... I know baby, I'mma help this girl get dressed while you sit down here and think about it"

"Ok" Jayce didn't really want to think about it, whether or not he wanted to forgive her because in his mind she really fucked up. Also, if Chris was so in love with his sister like he say he was why would he ask her to rat his family out like that. It still bothered him that she did it and because Juliet was so in love she didn't see anything, but Jayce saw it all and he didn't want him with his little sister. He stopped worrying about it and just waited for the two out of the four most important women in his life. They came down the stairs twenty minutes later.

"Alright, let's go before your mother calls you and starts cursing us both out"

"Who am I meeting again"

"Your grandmother and grandfather sweetheart"

"Oh, okay" They showed up to his parents home in no time, Jayce got Layla out of the car and they walked up the steps. He rung the door bell and Ms Hannah opened the door.

"Your just in time, your mother said that if you were late she was going to send a search party for you"

"I'm early actually, she tripping"

"Excuse me son" Andrea said coming into view.

"Ooooooh" Amber said with a serious look on her face as she pointed at Jayceon.

"Hello Amber, come in sweetheart... Who- who's kid"

"Long story" They walked into the house and Ms Hannah closed the door behind them. His father walked down the stairs to greet them.

"Hey dad"

"Hi Mr Taylor"

"Hey, who's the kid?"