Chapter 23

Layla pulled on her mother's top as she dropped her off at school that morning.

"Yes princess"

"Is tomorrow Valentine's day?"

"Yes, why?" Amber turned off her car and looked back at her daughter.

"Cause I heard daddy say that he was giving you something big on the 14th"

"Really?"

"Uh huh, what do you think it is?"

"I'm not sure baby"

"Is it a surprise?"

"Of course it is"

"Is daddy your Valentine's?"

"Yes"

"I want a Valentine's"

"I'll be your Valentine's"

"Okay" she smiled widely.

"That means I have to get you something nice, but that also means you have to make me something in class okay" Layla nodded.

"Okay I will"

"Alright, you get in that school now okay" Layla nodded.

"Is daddy coming to get me?"

"No ma'am, I am and were going to go by Nana's house" Layla stood and kissed her mother on her cheek.

"Yay I love Nana"

"Me too"

"I love you mama"

"I love you too baby" Layla got out the car and ran into the school. Amber drove away from the school wondering what exactly did Jayce have planned for Valentine's day. When Amber made it back home she saw him laying on the couch as he talked on the phone, she walked towards him and laid on top of him.

"Alright man, thanks again" he said before he hung up.

"So what are you planning for Valentine's day"

"That's tomorrow, I didn't notice"

"Mhm, what are we doing?"

"You'll find out"

"You know I don't really like surprises, come on baby"

"24 hours baby, and it won't be a secret anymore okay" he patted her thigh making her get up.

"Okay"

"Why you say it like that?"

"Cause this pussy a secret too" he kissed her and grabbed her hand as they walked into the kitchen.

"No I don't want that to be a secret"

"It is"

"And just so you know tomorrow is mostly all about you" Amber's eyebrow raised.

"Meaning that I have to get something for my other girl"

"Jayce you about to get cut before Valentine's day"

"I'm talking about our daughter"

"Well in that case you about to get cut before Valentine's day because she my Valentine's get your own"

"Fine your my Valentine's then"

"I guess but your not mine"

"Alright Mrs Taylor" Ambers phone rang and she picked it up and answered.

"Hello"

"Hi I've been trying to reach Amber Riley"

"Why, who's this"